Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286195 times)

It's unlikely those are your actual temperatures. Every program (other than the one that came with my board) tells me my individual cores are at least 16*C lower than the actual temperature of the CPU.

Only jews can afford this stuff. I'd have to stoop to picking pennies for a year to afford any of the mega Hebrew stuff

Bleh

CPU: APU A6-3650 Quad Core
GPU: Radeon HD 5450 512MB
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1333MHz
if PSU matters in this, I don't remember, but I might look it up someday

My FX-6300 resides at about 28 deg. C at idle, but I also use an aftermarket cooler (CM GeminII). I have not tried overclocking yet, not sure if my 500w power supply can handle it.
whats your gpu? if its like a 7770 then there is a lot of room for overclocking

Only jews can afford this stuff. I'd have to stoop to picking pennies for a year to afford any of the mega Hebrew stuff
stop crying

lol tom

Please help, I'm new to upgrading and I don't know what to do. I have removed my video card except its still attached to the motherboard by 2 white and black wires and i need to remove them. My video card is a nvidia Gforce 8500 if it matters. I'm on my iPod so sorry for the stuffty picture and not embedded image.

Carefully pull the connector from the motherboard by holding the very top of the plug and pulling. It will come out, try not to pull on the wires because you can risk snapping the connection from the cable to the connector plug.

That cable is simply there to provide audio from HDMI (or possibly DVI) on your video card.

That cable is simply there to provide audio from HDMI (or possibly DVI) on your video card.
from what i see, there is only a VGA connection..

are those wires like... the little 5v power cords? some GPUs use them to power the fans separately.

either way, any type of cord just has a squeeze release tab like a phone or Ethernet cord would.
just pop it out.

There are no tabs

Just pull it, it's a pin connector and will slide out

So,

I have a GeForce 550ti in my current PC. I'm giving my old PC to a friend, so I am thinking of putting it back into that computer for him and upgrading my graphics card to a GTX 580. If a 550 fits, will a 580 fit too? I'm just concerned that maybe since it's a higher-end card it might not be compatible.

Thanks ahead of time

So,

I have a GeForce 550ti in my current PC. I'm giving my old PC to a friend, so I am thinking of putting it back into that computer for him and upgrading my graphics card to a GTX 580. If a 550 fits, will a 580 fit too? I'm just concerned that maybe since it's a higher-end card it might not be compatible.

Thanks ahead of time
it will fit

99% of graphics cards use a PCI-e x16 slot, so you'll be fine

Do not get a 580 unless you live in 2010 (hint: you don't).

Do not get a 580 unless you live in 2010 (hint: you don't).

The 580 I'm getting would be discounted from a friend, hence the only reason I'm considering getting it. I can get high frames even with my 550 on games like Arma 3. Nothing I play is extremely graphically demanding. Plus it would be a mutual swap, my other friend gets a starter graphics card and I get a small upgrade. I wouldn't even consider handing over hundreds of dollars for a new 580, since it wouldn't be much of an upgrade, but for 50 bucks I can see reason for it.

I'm open to suggestions, though. I'm not good with graphics cards, but if you know of any that sell for around 100 bucks used I'll gladly consider it.