Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311030 times)

wtf I thought acre was decent?

We'll if you would've said that earlier it would've saved a lot of confusion.

Good luck with the other home, though.
Thanks, but I doubt it'll go to well. It'll probably just end up like always.

A few months ago my Acer laptops motherboard died. It was only a month after I bought it so I sent it in. Now, 4 days after I get it back the motherboard dies AGAIN. forget. Acer better pay for the shipping this time.
You have horrible laptop luck, tell acer to get their stuff together

wtf I thought acre was decent?

Acer is really good. Either coincidence, terrible luck or he's breaking it himself somehow.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Boys and girls.

It is the day you have all been waiting for.

I HAVE MY GTX 770 IN MY HANDS! It is wondrous. It is awe inspiring. It is simply a work of art.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Boys and girls.

It is the day you have all been waiting for.

I HAVE MY GTX 770 IN MY HANDS! It is wondrous. It is awe inspiring. It is simply a work of art.
what model
I have the galaxy one.

Acer is really good. Either coincidence, terrible luck or he's breaking it himself somehow.
i wouldn't call Acer really good, but they're certainly not absolute stuff.  they're like okay.

Had to RMA my Windforce 770 because of a faulty monitor port. Sent it back and got a replacement in a week. Hopefully it works this time and now I can rock 3 monitors.

i wouldn't call Acer really good, but they're certainly not absolute stuff.  they're like okay.

Their laptop cooling is probably one of the very best.

Look at those vents

Built in the laptop

I swapped out my Latitude D630 laptop to use as a server, and bought a used $50 D620 (missing parts, had said missing parts, was in really good condition).

The D620 has a Quadro NVS 110M in it, and it looks like it just sucks power up endlessly. I could get 14W usage when in use on the D630 (integrated Intel GMA965), but i get 35 - 40W on the D620.

Would underclocking it help save power and also help it not get really loving hot on the bottom? I have it running stable at a 140MHz memory clock and a 40MHz core clock, but I'm curious if that'll even do anything leaving it there.

EDIT: Safely pushed it down lower to 100/30, runs just fine without compositing (running Linux) on.
EDIT2: Installed and tested PHC to get as low as an undervolt as I could get on the CPU, that saved another 5W; also forced the powersave CPU governor, saved another ~2W.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:46:43 AM by TheBlackParrot »

Acording to a post

No title's for the parts and the hard drive has all my stuff so if i get the parts i will install the hard drive from my old gaming pc that- well you don't know oh well
SO HERE IT IS BITCHES
SDD - Raiding 2 of them to make it Nega Fast:

CPU Fan - Without it, my CPU would catch on fire:

DVD Drive - Need it for adding old games from 1997:

Graphics - Need for HDMI, Have a DVI Gigabyte one from 2012 but this one is prob. better:

Headset - For communicating in Voice Chatting games and Skype (Have no skype yet but when Im 18 i will):

Keyboard - 360 n0sc0peeez keyboarrd:

Mouse - know the name, Madcatz M.O.U.S 9, has presicie aiming for MLG:

Power Supply - Needs it for powering my PC, important if you want to turn it on:

Soundcard - THX IS TOO LOUD- earbleeded:

Webcam - To communicate via face:

Case - Futureisteeekz:

CPU - The most important thing if you want to make your PC work:

Memory - If I want extended graphics and more workings, must use it:

MotherBoard - To make everything OK (EDIT: The other one was AMD and the motherboard was Intel so I had to find a Intel Board):

Hard Drive - I have one allready! Not posting pic because its a WD Green 1TB hard drive:
NoImage

So thats my next dream PC.
ok

according to a post you made what?