Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286289 times)

I guess I'll have to buy some extra paste then. Does it really matter what kind I get?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:38:52 PM by Georges »

Anyone have any reasons why this wouldn't work? I'd be using it for a few minutes to check that a motherboard isn't DOA, and that's it, probably.

I guess I'll have to buy some extra paste then. Does it really matter what kind I get?
Doesn't really matter, but it does come down to quality, good thermal paste can let the heat go through to the cpu cooler better.

Doesn't really matter, but it does come down to quality, good thermal paste can let the heat go through to the cpu cooler better.
oops I forgot to add the link to my above post, lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100301&cm_re=Thermal_paste-_-35-100-301-_-Product

Anyway, it wouldn't even really be used extensively, just for a couple minutes while I test something.

dosnt there exist a 4k monitor with g-sync, supports 60hz on display port (many monitors only do 30) and is a pls or at LEAST an ips panel.

even a 1440 might be ok. though i prefer 4k. none of the specs can be found in a single monitor ; ;

dosnt there exist a 4k monitor with g-sync, supports 60hz on display port (many monitors only do 30) and is a pls or at LEAST an ips panel.

even a 1440 might be ok. though i prefer 4k. none of the specs can be found in a single monitor ; ;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405

Anyone have any reasons why this wouldn't work? I'd be using it for a few minutes to check that a motherboard isn't DOA, and that's it, probably.

Because when you take it off you generate a lot of air-bubbles in the thermal paste which wouldn't be there if you were re-applying it. If you don't manage to get all of those air bubbles out with pressure when you put the cooler back on then you run the risk of having greatly reduced cooling performance.
It's just a better idea to re-apply the thermal paste.

IS there some kind of 'ethernet splitter' or something?
Because I only have 1 port in the wall and have like 4 devices who needs an ethernet cable.

Because I only have 1 port in the wall and have like 4 devices who needs an ethernet cable.

Things like; http://www.bestbuy.com/site/networking/hubs-switches/abcat0503012.c?id=abcat0503012

you should probably just buy a router

you should probably just buy a router

Depends on what his situation is. AFAIK routers don't accept ethernet as the input, only as the output. If he's living in an apartment and gets a pre-routed ethernet cable but no telephone cable then he has to get a port switch. Unless, of course, it's different in America or wherever else that isn't the UK

Depends on what his situation is. AFAIK routers don't accept ethernet as the input
I have never had a router that didn't. well, not until recently, but that doesn't count, because Time Warner gave us a weird thing that is both the modem and the router at the same time
other than that, though, every router I've used had an ethernet input and then some ethernet outputs

Get a router. I have the same issue in my dorm room, bought a router and now I have like 3 things plugged in working seamlessly.