[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286473 times)

can someone help me create a build list for christmas? i have 400 bucks.

i definitely need a new psu, and i think my gt 730 is fine for now (unless you can fit a gpu in there).

i'm not good at pricing things, and going for the best deal so i need your help.

can someone help me create a build list for christmas? i have 400 bucks.

i definitely need a new psu, and i think my gt 730 is fine for now (unless you can fit a gpu in there).

i'm not good at pricing things, and going for the best deal so i need your help.

GT 730? Don't you mean GTX 730?

For a PSU I recommend something from 500w to 600w, modular, maybe something from Corsair or EVGA.
Mind giving us specs on your existing system though?

For a PSU I recommend something from 500w to 600w, modular, maybe something from Corsair or EVGA.
No, GT 730 is correct. GTX is for 50 and above iirc

linus tech tips has become like an addiction for me, i've been watching their videos for two days so far

send help

for $400 this would be pretty good if you reuse the hard drive and graphics card: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cMttYJ
i'm pretty sure there's a subreddit dedicated to selling windows keys so buy one from there for like $30

if you're going to wait until christmas though new intel processors will be released between now and then so don't finalize anything yet

for $400 this would be pretty good if you reuse the hard drive and graphics card: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cMttYJ
i'm pretty sure there's a subreddit dedicated to selling windows keys so buy one from there for like $30

if you're going to wait until christmas though new intel processors will be released between now and then so don't finalize anything yet

how did you know my windows isn't registered lol

No I think he should get an SSD (Samsung 850 evo is 97$ USD for 250GB, 67$ for 120GB), SSD should be one of the priorities.
Then the spare HDD, he should use it for Extra Storage (Steam maybe)

For ram he should try to get 8GBs or 16GB depending on how much he is willing to spend on ram, if hes going for one of the new Intel CPU's DDR4 and a Motherboard that supports it is going to be a requirement.

if you went for a 250gb ssd and 16gb of ram under a $400 budget you're probably going to end up with some serious balance issues
here's one that uses lower quality parts overall (but it has an ssd!!!!1!1): http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XTwPWZ

i was thinking a bit, and i thought maybe i could get a fx-6300 with 8 gb of ram, a (maybe 600w?) psu, and a motherboard that won't die on me in 8 months.

Don't; you can get an i5 with your budget, which is much faster. Also, you don't need a 600W PSU; 400-500W should be more than enough.

Don't; you can get an i5 with your budget, which is much faster. Also, you don't need a 600W PSU; 400-500W should be more than enough.

i'm most likely gonna get a powerful gpu like a gtx 760 later. but i mentioned fx becasue i'm on a budget, and i don't think it's a good investment to throw 50% of the cash into a processor.

i'm most likely gonna get a powerful gpu like a gtx 760 later. but i mentioned fx becasue i'm on a budget, and i don't think it's a good investment to throw 50% of the cash into a processor.
Processor's pretty important.

Processor's pretty important.

so is a good quality psu and a good quality motherboard

Even so, an i5 isn't much more expensive since socket 1150 motherboards are very cheap compared to AM3+, and even with the 760 you're not going to use more than 350 watts even in a  worst case scenario.