Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341629 times)

did u and badspot share hotels and beds ;)
how rough is badspot in bed
does he wear his pink underwear after love

I will answer none of these questions but here is a picture:

Feel free to take from that what you will.

I posted an update to the Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rotondo/forgettabledungeon/posts/1716261

I'm going to start posting there more often with more work in progress stuff, this was too much silence this time.

I think I'm going to go lie down for a while, feeling a bit loopy.

I really need to stop running myself down so much at these conferences :/

Feel free to take from that what you will.
Badtondo ship confirmed

When are you guys coming to California?

thats amazing
get well sweet prince

two men lounging in the land of fame and fortune

what's the best way to get the game?
I'm guessing kickstarter takes a lot of money if bought through them?

and for sure supports splitscreen and potentially steam controllers (even if emulating keyboard/xbox)?

tbh rotondo i feel like you set the kickstarter $$ bar real low, but its good in the sense that it made it easier to get funded in the end. being indie it must be tough for you to actually devote a lot of time on this game while having other jobs.

thank you for your continued work on the game + your continued participation in this community, however slight it may be. i really look forward to this game, esp modding it if support for that ever happens.

Me and my friends have played games like Hero Siege, Risk of Rain, Portal Knights, etc. I got to say, this will make a great addition to the list of games we play together.

tbh rotondo i feel like you set the kickstarter $$ bar real low, but its good in the sense that it made it easier to get funded in the end. being indie it must be tough for you to actually devote a lot of time on this game while having other jobs.

thank you for your continued work on the game + your continued participation in this community, however slight it may be. i really look forward to this game, esp modding it if support for that ever happens.

Thankfully I've been able to work full time on the game for the most part.

The Kickstarter happened at the right time in my life where I had enough savings, and life was cheap enough that I could sustain myself.

The money from the Kickstarter helped immensely with all of this though, not only being able to afford hardware but also do shows like PAX.

Me and my friends have played games like Hero Siege, Risk of Rain, Portal Knights, etc. I got to say, this will make a great addition to the list of games we play together.

I'm happy to hear it, hope you guys dig it when it releases.

I've been working on cleaning up a lot of stuff lately.

Now that the game is getting closer and closer to an actual release I wanted to clean up some of the interface issues.

The main stuff I've been concentrating on are those small annoyances, like not being able to know what you're picking up consistently when interacting with objects.

I've been doing this with new tooltips:

For reference this is not how you do tooltip:

I've also been taking out some of the words in the game as an experiment.

So now when you go up to a fountain it won't say "drink fountain" so much as just the tooltip will appear.

You then get a message after interacting with it.

This is to promote the rogue feel of learned knowledge, you don't know what something really is until you've interacted with it.

looks great! but what about scrolls - without text we wont know what a scroll does?

looks great! but what about scrolls - without text we wont know what a scroll does?

For potions and scrolls there will be a little blurb at the bottom just stating their type.

The goal is to avoid over explaining things.

Still messing around with it, but I just want to avoid numbing the player to words at the bottom of the screen.

When do you plan on finishing it fully?