Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341606 times)

When do you plan on finishing it fully?

Early next year, however indie development can be crazy and unpredictable at times.

I posted an update to the Kickstarter, talking about the Kickstarter anniversary and Stage 1 of reward collection:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rotondo/forgettabledungeon/posts/1739907

Stage 1 is collecting the universal information needed from all backers including the name for credits, and contact email.

This contact email will be used for future reward collecting for things like the characters, design monsters and what not.

I will try and get a beta because I am totally hooked on what i'm seeing. But once you finish the game, does that mean you will add a subforum for The Forgettable Dungeon?

Just to be fair, can I submit the entire "history of Japan" script as my name?

I will try and get a beta because I am totally hooked on what i'm seeing. But once you finish the game, does that mean you will add a subforum for The Forgettable Dungeon?
Badspot has to be the one to do that

No, but you can probably set the entire Bee Movie script as your name

still primed and ready to buy it the second it comes out :D

The goal is to avoid over explaining things.
that sounds like a lot of fun to figure out in local co-op

but having issues getting it to work, had two xbox controllers plugged in + 2 steam controllers, but no inputs (including mouse+keyboard) were working
this setup has been working pretty well for games like overcooked, dungeon defenders, and hammerwatch, so I'm not sure what would be different
I suspect it might be from streaming it from my main computer to a laptop to play in the living room, going to test on my main computer sometime soon

if i purchase the beta, will it run on mac? (MacOS Sierra)

that sounds like a lot of fun to figure out in local co-op

but having issues getting it to work, had two xbox controllers plugged in + 2 steam controllers, but no inputs (including mouse+keyboard) were working
this setup has been working pretty well for games like overcooked, dungeon defenders, and hammerwatch, so I'm not sure what would be different
I suspect it might be from streaming it from my main computer to a laptop to play in the living room, going to test on my main computer sometime soon

I'm sorry but that's a bit of an edge case. Not sure if I could go about supporting every configuration, but I do plan on integrating better support for steam controllers eventually. Especially now since they gave me the release steam controller for testing, as well as a link.

Right now I'm aiming for 360 and generic usb controller support for release, I also want to have the option to change the tool tip popups to be ps3 buttons as well.

if i purchase the beta, will it run on mac? (MacOS Sierra)

I've yet to update my mac to the latest version, but I've not heard of anyone having problems.

Hopefully someone who runs the beta on Mac can help you, otherwise I'll update you when I get around to updating my Mac.

Do you get activation keys for The Forgettable Dungeon or is it simply download and play

I'm sorry but that's a bit of an edge case. Not sure if I could go about supporting every configuration, but I do plan on integrating better support for steam controllers eventually.
yeah, but I'm a bit surprised that the 360 controllers weren't detected
I'll try testing them on my main PC later today, how do I go about starting it?
I suspect it's just have the controllers plugged in and launch the game and it's detected?

Especially now since they gave me the release steam controller for testing, as well as a link.

Right now I'm aiming for 360 and generic usb controller support for release, I also want to have the option to change the tool tip popups to be ps3 buttons as well.
that's pretty awesome that they just give you controllers to test with

Do you get activation keys for The Forgettable Dungeon or is it simply download and play
if it's off steam, it's download and play
unless you get it as a gift copy, in which case you redeem the code on steam and then download and play (from steam)

yeah, but I'm a bit surprised that the 360 controllers weren't detected
I'll try testing them on my main PC later today, how do I go about starting it?
I suspect it's just have the controllers plugged in and launch the game and it's detected?

It was most likely due to the streaming that it had issues, some people have reported success with that while others have found problems.

On your main pc it should detect controllers if you plug them in after the fact, steam controllers could potentially be doing something to interfere with this but I'm not sure.

Thanks Rotondo for being very friendly and helpful. Some developers don't give a stuff about their fans and community, but you help everyone with their question(s). Thank you.

every time ive tried to do splitscreen, only one screen works. using only xbox controllers. the rest of the screens bug out or are black.