Author Topic: Cohort - oink  (Read 92581 times)

Woah!

Also, HI Lad! (diggy is up)

That's rad Lad! Epic look.

But I'm not that much for symmetric stuff tho. So.. idk about you guys. Make a choice. What idea you want to go for? Something like lade's or more like mine.

That some illuminati stuff lad, which totally fits Sylv so do it

I think symmetry for a base is good, and then later on the more random parts can come into play

The problem with the symmetry is it makes it look to much like a vehicle. Most flying buildings lack symmetry to show it is not aerodynamic and it will not move. For this design to make sense should add in a series of instruments for controlling the castle. Such as rotors and hot air balloons; as well I think the whole cylinder thing should go into the star a bit with the indent (ditch, gutter, what ever you want to call it) having a intertwined gear teeth pattern to suggest the stars could move to control flight of the castle.  The idea of the whole thing flying around with a few large ballistae and the stars turning would be really cool. So yeah those are just some of my thoughts.      

I'd say that the more that you dig into it the more amorphous it'd become though.

more random parts can come into play

That's what I was thinking. Especially the castle and habitation section could really be whatever.

The idea is really focused on a general structure for the castle, not specific details.

If we don't start soon we'll never start

Let's start then.

I'm done with mid-years so I've got some time now

Ye I think Khaz is in now.

Also I'm busy this week.

Made a mini model of my sketch to get a better sense of its vibe, along with making some plans and measurements. Some feedback and discussion would be great. To emphasize, I'm really just marketing the structure and the star sections. The castle itself and the habitation section could be anything.

The approximate size is 5x5 64x bases. I estimated the brickcount of the star sections fully covered and with details to be about 40-50k, meaning there should be plenty of brickcount left for the castle and mid section. Anti's existing machinery could be integrated easily. There's major structural work, terraining, gardening, exteriors and ample interior space to work with, so everyone would have a chance to contribute.

And ofc welcome, Khaz!