Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 843054 times)

also hey E-maxx I found your new project lol

https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/5853178211.html

I don't know what's worse. The fact that the rockers are touching the dash or the fact that i actually thought about buying it.

I faked that stuff
Dude at least where I live literally no one asks about the requirements during the test. My mom just wanted me to do it regardless.

I've probably got a problem. I have a 2005 ford expedition xlt and i've hadn't had problems with it before ever since i purchased it all these years ago. There was one thing that concerned me when i first bought the car (used) and that was that the engine light was constantly on. Its had several tune ups over the years so I'm assuming it's just a problem with the wiring in the dash, faulty circuit etc. That's not the main issue though, i've noticed that over the years it's gotten a little bit harder to turn the wheel. This could be an indication that my power steering fluid/pump is going bad. For example, turning left at a four way intersection has me turning the wheel almost twice to turn mid way. And parking is getting a bit tedious because for some reason my turning range has diminished greatly to the point where I have to turn the wheel until it locks and drive less than 3mph to make tight turns. I get it's a big car/suv/truck abomination but my friend's F150 can turn on a dime with ease.

Wondering if any of you guys ever had pump failure and needed some quick advice.

I've had a bad steering pump before. i would just fill it up with some leak stopper crap but it got bad to the point of needing a replacement, which did fix the issue. the problem i had was it became harder to streer and the car would groan loudly when the power steering was active, but i never had an increase in turn radius like you're describing.

obviously check you ps fluid level to see if you're low and/or leaking. is the steering "loose" or jerky too, or is it just difficult to turn? you may want to check the steering rack and it's mounting bushings

OK WE FOUND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE FUEL PUMPS

Apparantly we've been forgetting to use this 1/4th inch plastic spacer to mount the fuel pump on and then put the two on the block. We found this piece in the back of the car (on the floor wrapped up in those rugs as shown in the pics I posted a few days ago) and when we put it on, it fit much better and should work perfectly now. Without it, the oval egg thing on the camshaft kept pressing the pump too far and breaking it. With this on, it should prevent it.

Tomorrow we'll be getting a free replacement fuel-pump as well so forget yes

Imagine something like this, but it's a black color and has some insane scratch marks (we had to sand off some JB Weld that the last owner put on for some reason)

Indeed, sometimes the smallest things can get you into the biggest trouble. For example, the gas pipe on my gas cooker was fitted without putting on a really important metallic gew-gaw. Turns out it was slightly leaking gas because of that.

$ 75  seems like a fair deal for a hard top, a set of wheels with hubcaps and some scrap metal. It's insane how bad Italian cars rusted back then. Looks like that's what you get for using Soviet steel.

Jesus, that interiors worse than this 1966 Galaxie I saw at my parents' car mechanic.

I've never been big on off-roader cars, but I like this. They're called Baja Broncos, and they were an option for the Ford Bronco for a lot of the 70's.

it like never rains here in socal so i got an opportunity to get some cool lancer pix

yay another problem with the toyota

The fuel pump works, just now the carburetor has something clogged or stuck in it, like the floats or jets because now it doesn't run unless you pour gas into the carb

f u c k

yay another problem with the toyota
The fuel pump works, just now the carburetor has something clogged or stuck in it, like the floats or jets because now it doesn't run unless you pour gas into the carb
f u c k
now just imagine if it was an american car