Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165894 times)

do you like building ships or millitary shooty shoots
I like Roleplay (Arma 3) And I like building, Especially if you have limited resources  (Space Engineers)

how "not so great" exactly?
I read online the requirements for both games, It seems that mine is a little better than the minimum requirements

I read online the requirements for both games, It seems that mine is a little better than the minimum requirements
go for Space Engineers
Arma 3 is a great game but you should absolutely not buy it for the roleplaying because then you'd be ignoring all the parts of the game that actually matter, not to mention that it's stupidly intensive

Here's a little asteroid base I've been working on. Captured a few ships, and I got my rescue ship nearby.

Here's a screenshot pict-capture of a Dark Angels Imperial Cruiser that entered the area.

This is as close as I could get to it without getting killed. This one wasn't as close as the one I mentioned before, but it was still pretty close.

Any one try to do one of them Kinetic Weapons?

How did you capture a few ships?

cargo ships

break the engines or board it then tow it back

cargo ships

break the engines or board it then tow it back

I've never seen those ships before though.

I've never seen those ships before though.
Must have never turned it on in the advanced settings when you made the world.

Personally on my main world, I usually would use a small ship to board and before hacking and stuff I'd just fly the ship back to base. Now with hacking you kinda have to board and hack all the necessary stuff before, but still worth it.

Mining is useless when you can capture military transporters all day long.

Must have never turned it on in the advanced settings when you made the world.

Personally on my main world, I usually would use a small ship to board and before hacking and stuff I'd just fly the ship back to base. Now with hacking you kinda have to board and hack all the necessary stuff before, but still worth it.

Mining is useless when you can capture military transporters all day long.

I know about cargo ships, but I never see those smalls ones in his picture unless I'm misunderstanding. All I get are military transports and personal sails.
Also what do you mean hacking? Do you mean just grinding things up and fixing them?

The red ship and the green ship, as well as the Dark Angels Imperial Cruiser, are from the mod called Moar Ships. There's also Endless Cargoships, which adds some other space craft to the mix.

How I currently capture them: I fly to them with just my jetpack if they get within about six thousand or five thousand metres, getting myself up to max speed then turning off my jetpack and inertial dampeners to save energy for grinding and torching, but I stop at about a thousand metres away from it to see if I can spot automated turrets.

If there aren't any turrets, I simply fly in and look for the entrance doors or roosterpit windows to cut my way to the controls, then fly the ship to my base.

If there are turrets, I try to quickly fly around at a safe distance to see if there are any blind spot angles where I can approach from. If there don't seem to be any safe angles, I start to run low on energy, and/or the ship is getting close to the edge of the beacon range of my base, then I fly back to base. But if there are safe angles, I go in and try to get to the roosterpit as quickly and safely as possible so I can make runs to recharge my suit while still on the ship, also to turn on the inertial dampeners to get the ship to stop. I then look for the reactors so I can get all the turrets to shut off, then I get outside and grind them all down to incomplete states. I've had problems where captured ship turrets will attack my stuff even after I've taken control of them and changed their ownership to me.

The red ship and the green ship, as well as the Dark Angels Imperial Cruiser, are from the mod called Moar Ships. There's also Endless Cargoships, which adds some other space craft to the mix.

How I currently capture them: I fly to them with just my jetpack if they get within about six thousand or five thousand metres, getting myself up to max speed then turning off my jetpack and inertial dampeners to save energy for grinding and torching, but I stop at about a thousand metres away from it to see if I can spot automated turrets.

If there aren't any turrets, I simply fly in and look for the entrance doors or roosterpit windows to cut my way to the controls, then fly the ship to my base.

If there are turrets, I try to quickly fly around at a safe distance to see if there are any blind spot angles where I can approach from. If there don't seem to be any safe angles, I start to run low on energy, and/or the ship is getting close to the edge of the beacon range of my base, then I fly back to base. But if there are safe angles, I go in and try to get to the roosterpit as quickly and safely as possible so I can make runs to recharge my suit while still on the ship, also to turn on the inertial dampeners to get the ship to stop. I then look for the reactors so I can get all the turrets to shut off, then I get outside and grind them all down to incomplete states. I've had problems where captured ship turrets will attack my stuff even after I've taken control of them and changed their ownership to me.
You need to set them to your ownership.

I change everything I can to be owned by me, and when I park my ships close together, I have the turrets set to not engage moving objects so they hopefully don't shoot each other. But they often do anyway, have to approach my other ships and stations slowly so I can back off immediately if shots are fired.

I change everything I can to be owned by me, and when I park my ships close together, I have the turrets set to not engage moving objects so they hopefully don't shoot each other. But they often do anyway, have to approach my other ships and stations slowly so I can back off immediately if shots are fired.
You're doing something wrong then. I have turrets throughout my base and on my stolen military transport and they don't shoot at each other ever.