Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 41363 times)

why'd you pick arch for your VPS that's kinda weird

it seems like it'd be unstable for server use

why'd you pick arch for your VPS that's kinda weird

it seems like it'd be unstable for server use
wat

I would argue it's one of the stablest due to the high level of control you have...

migration primarily

It's actually pretty stable as long as you don't mess anything up. I wouldn't use it in a production environment.

I had 50 days uptime on my local laptop-file-server, then I messed something up.

I would argue it's one of the stablest due to the high level of control you have...
You do have extremely high control over the system, but practically everything is bleeding-edge or near-bleeding-edge.

I exclusively use Arch as a production server environment. For testing I'll accept Debian or something, but when it comes to my VPSes that I actually publish content on I refuse to use anything but Arch.

How's that for uptime?

I get the feeling you've never rebooted that server since you bought it...

I did when I was configuring it, but once I set everything up I just made a cron job to update things and it's literally never been a problem.

I'm probably going to switch again, I don't want anything based off of arch or debian because of the fact that I have hardware issues with both. What should I try? I've tried 14.04 but it was a bit slow, I tried xubuntu but it wasn't too good with my 3 monitors. What should I try?

I did when I was configuring it, but once I set everything up I just made a cron job to update things and it's literally never been a problem.
I get the feeling you just changed the number in inspect element menu.
;-; liar

I get the feeling you just changed the number in inspect element menu.
;-; liar
I mean, I've really got nothing to prove. I just thought I'd share my experience with the stability of arch, take it for what you want.

I'm probably going to switch again, I don't want anything based off of arch or debian because of the fact that I have hardware issues with both. What should I try? I've tried 14.04 but it was a bit slow, I tried xubuntu but it wasn't too good with my 3 monitors. What should I try?
try saboyan linux or hybryde. i think hyb would be good with multiple monitors.

i can vps too guys

ah yes im pro hackre

Lol
it was like 5 minutes affter i bought the vps, no stuff they give you ubuntu on default and you can reinstall it

updated my repo of dotfiles and stuff because i really need to be able to quickly install my configs on multiple machines :3
shell scripting ftw!
https://github.com/lumirayz/dotfiles

i cringe every time i see windows… it's like seeing someone getting abused by a company without them knowing it :(

VPS cleanups anyone?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:41:25 PM by NiXiLL »

VPS cleanups anyone?

literally the only things there