Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25703 times)

he's attacking stormlands so i'd assume that means storemark is attacking iceland as well

This isn't the case as I don't have enough forces up there and haven't sent any up there to attack iceland.

Whilst attacking, a few longboats break off to head northward to the northern tribes. When/if they reach the northern, they'd begin end of the island, they'd begin attempting to persuade tribes to join them in the fight with assumptions due to Stormlands more barbaric ways that they'd have been aggrovated and or antagonized by Stormlands and are willing to uphold their rights as humans so long as they join the fight as well as Stormemark. Nobility is promised to those whom can secure and or kill highly regarded Stormland figures provided they bring back notable trophies such as heads of such people or heirlooms.

I fail to see what renders Erinaum's military or tactics superior to those of Avalonia except possibly as a result of bias; but no matter, time may tell though hopefully not.

As permanent cities enter into Avalonia's direct control, Avalonia's dependence on Erinaum for iron goods drops significantly as local mines and metalworkers now produce iron and steel weapons/armor.  Permanent settlements have also provided Avalonia with another benefit: administrators.  Now, Avalonia possesses a small group of those able to read/write which set down in writing Avalonia's law code, history, memoirs of the Khan, notarized documents, &c.  Nonetheless, aside from Nazgar, the majority of the Avalonian people remain nomadic rather than become citified, and the nomadic population of the steppes grows.

Ill provide a bunch of detail on my country soon.

I fail to see what renders Erinaum's military or tactics superior to those of Avalonia except possibly as a result of bias; but no matter, time may tell though hopefully not.
As far as overall and land, Erinaum's only advantage is numbers, which makes up a fair, not major portion.

As far as tactics, Avalonia is close to surpassing Erinaum, as Erinaum has used some dispersal tactics for attacking southern kingdoms that may have been stronger than them.

I am assessing events the best I can without bias, and am not against the idea of Erinaum falling should realistic odds be pinned against me.

Ill provide a bunch of detail on my country soon.
Thanks, appreciated.

This isn't the case as I don't have enough forces up there and haven't sent any up there to attack iceland.

Whilst attacking, a few longboats break off to head northward to the northern tribes. When/if they reach the northern, they'd begin end of the island, they'd begin attempting to persuade tribes to join them in the fight with assumptions due to Stormlands more barbaric ways that they'd have been aggrovated and or antagonized by Stormlands and are willing to uphold their rights as humans so long as they join the fight as well as Stormemark. Nobility is promised to those whom can secure and or kill highly regarded Stormland figures provided they bring back notable trophies such as heads of such people or heirlooms.
1.  Duly noted.
2.  Most of the tribes agree, but the nature of the war between Stormlands and the tribes had been costly to both sides' land armies.  Tribes and micro-kingdoms in the area will be able to offer many warriors, but can offer a few, and will agree if they will be ensured protection, and will be willing to may an initial payment in gold and follow with normal payments of gold, lumber, and iron to compensate for the lack of soldiers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:26:28 PM by SWAT One »

Some of the tribes agree, but the nature of the war between Stormlands and the tribes had been costly to both sides' land armies.  Tribes and micro-kingdoms in the area will be able to offer many warriors, but can offer a few, and will agree if they will be ensured protection, and will be willing to may an initial payment in gold and follow with normal payments of gold, lumber, and iron to compensate for the lack of soldiers.

Stormemark accepts any support they can offer as they attempt to rid the world of the Stormlands though warriors are preferred, and will offer protection for any tribes so long as they join the kingdom.

Meanwhile, the fleet, now going to be referred to as the Stormefleet, continues pillaging and reaving along the coasts as the hug the eastern-coast and move south, galleys and longboats occasionally breaking off to head upstream along rivers and the sort or attempt to dock so they may let down troops to move in on land

SWAT, in recent years Kharidia has slowed itself down to make improvements in its economy, I could of sworn I had posted it but sometimes I don't post things and let them sit in the reply box.

SWAT, in recent years Kharidia has slowed itself down to make improvements in its economy, I could of sworn I had posted it but sometimes I don't post things and let them sit in the reply box.
The problem is political breakup, which is consequently harming the economy.  Improving the economy doesn't necessarily repair things politically.  As I said before, micro-kingdoms and tribes have joined due to econo-political interest, and some have since lost political interest.  The territories remaining on the map are more or less the stable claims.

Tensions cool town in the Erinamese frontiers from Erinamese-Avalonian diplomacy.

Southern micro-kingdoms hear of the northern annexations and are worried about cultural destruction.

Map updated.  The Erinamese and Avalonian trade routes have created an area of interest for both nations.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:17:59 PM by SWAT One »

Ralekstein information update

Ralekstein is basically your average mediveal country, their economy is mainly goods based but also includes currency in the city areas, the majority of citizens have a self sustaining household and send their extra goods to nearby trading posts for things they do not have but need for the harsh winters. They also have a few trade routes to the middle east for luxuries such as spices for the more well off.

Ralekstein is filled with experienced trappers who have inhrited and created their own techniques. they also specialize in the art or stone working and masonry, recently the king requested a large outpost in the country with stone walls as a safe and reliable trading post that a could not be raided by small tribes looking to plunder farmers and trappers hard work.

Raleksteins naval force is small, with two well protected ports bustling with fishermen.

As for Raleksteins human treatment they are fair, they value life but will punish people by death if they commit a severe crime.

They are open yet reluctant about religions.

The king loves to hear what his people think and enjoys talking to other leaders, he is usually open to any sort of discussion and welcomes people into his court with a different opinion without penalty.

Actually no SWAT, I said I settled iceland before he did, on the 13th of april i said that

Stormland ships discover new lands (Iceland). They settle the area and sent back 2 ships to tell people about the new lands.

Who says you settle and colonize an entire island in a small time, you can both have settled it not knowing about each other and then have a dispute about it or share the territory somehow.

me and him are allies also lol

me and him are allies also lol

Lol I'm attacking you, but anyways

Longboats continue along inwards along the thames as raiders, brigands and warriors alike along with preachers who attempt to convert the populace hop off as some dock on the coast and continue raiding inlands as forces from the north begin moving south. As the northern troops sent to gather support they reach some of the more southern-northern-ish kingdoms/tribes they catch wind of hearing these tribes/kingdoms(unlessthatwasinasia) feeling their cultures being threatened, though they assure them that they'll allow them to keep their cultures and traditions so long as they fight with them and join the kingdom before they begin to continue south again to push downwards.

what the forget, me and you are allies, why are you attacking

Stormlands sends large frigates and attack the raiders

plus I didn't even know and i never got a chance to do anything
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:50:23 PM by Renousim »

what the forget, me and you are allies, why are you attacking

Stormlands sends large frigates and attack the raiders

plus I didn't even know and i never got a chance to do anything

Never trust a viking my friend.

The Stormfleet retaliates as galleys break off from the coast and proceed to attempt to swarm and encircle the frigates, archers on board lighting their arrows aflame as they shoot towards their targets.

And you had plenty of chances to fight back  you simply didn't do anything, and it's not my fault you didn't notice it's not like I was subtle in attacking the british-isles.

edit because I accidentally copied the name of the ironborn fleet from game of thrones. Cause I'm totally not basing my stuff off of a song of ice and fire

More frigates arrive and attack the galleys with archers with arrows wrapped in flaming cloth to burn them down.