Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 217273 times)

Could you make it so Slayer supports 3-team infection?

It already does! Use as many teams as you want.

They're working as intended. You need to manually switch minigames if you want to be part of the other one. The boundary bricks just define what parts of the map each minigame can use.
Ah.  Would it be possible to add a parameter for the boundaries to cause the player to join the minigame? Or would there be a lot of backend required for that.

The event that I was talking about was also packaged separately and wasn't the thing Greek was upset about, if I understand what was going on there.
Ah.  If you find it please let me know, I would love that event.

I'm having a problem with Slayer where it resets minigame events when I die in the minigame. I have relays running that I activated via my player (as captain of the ship i turn on red alert events), and when i die and respawn the events stop working until i press them again.

Ah.  Would it be possible to add a parameter for the boundaries to cause the player to join the minigame? Or would there be a lot of backend required for that.
Ah.  If you find it please let me know, I would love that event.

No, the real solution is to make an event that lets you join minigames or to just instruct people to join the correct minigame via the Escape Menu.

I'm having a problem with Slayer where it resets minigame events when I die in the minigame. I have relays running that I activated via my player (as captain of the ship i turn on red alert events), and when i die and respawn the events stop working until i press them again.

Hm. Make sure that Event_Minigame is disabled, since it interferes with Slayer's version of the events.

No, the real solution is to make an event that lets you join minigames
this existed, you even commented on how you didn't like a system that was packaged with it

still hoping for this since it'd allow me to move players into different minigame modes for different maps on The Blocklounge, allow users to not be part of the fighting, and allow multiple minigames for multiple maps.
I might end up just using something to disable building outside minigames and let players pick their minigames.

Hm. Make sure that Event_Minigame is disabled, since it interferes with Slayer's version of the events.
I don't have that mod. Checked through my addons.

I don't have that mod. Checked through my addons.

Which events are you using specifically?

this existed, you even commented on how you didn't like a system that was packaged with it

still hoping for this since it'd allow me to move players into different minigame modes for different maps on The Blocklounge, allow users to not be part of the fighting, and allow multiple minigames for multiple maps.
I might end up just using something to disable building outside minigames and let players pick their minigames.

I'm aware. I didn't have a problem with the JoinMinigame event. I asked him to take it down because of the little hack he did to allow you to make multiple Slayer minigames. This was before the minigame regions existed, so it didn't really work and just broke things.

Anyway, I'd recommend posting in S&R. Anybody with a little bit of time should be able to make it.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something that is loving up slayer? I can start and run a slayer minigame just fine, but whenver I try to switch game mode, or modify the equipment or datablock of the player, it just goes back to the default settings. Always Deathmatch, always hammer wrench printer.

Did you fix the issue that you said you would fix, where I could not change the points team gain at the end of the round? The topic is here if I didnt explain it well: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=306071.0

Am I doing something wrong or is there something that is loving up slayer? I can start and run a slayer minigame just fine, but whenver I try to switch game mode, or modify the equipment or datablock of the player, it just goes back to the default settings. Always Deathmatch, always hammer wrench printer.

No idea. Can you give me some more information?

Did you fix the issue that you said you would fix, where I could not change the points team gain at the end of the round? The topic is here if I didnt explain it well: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=306071.0

No, I haven't had time.

Yo, gamemode's workin' like a charm. Only issue left is the whole, "Bots turning semi-invisible if their datablock is changed mid-game." I can't really figure that one out on my own, but I'm gonna mess around with the custom appearance settings in slayer to see if it's something do with the nodes.

Good to hear! When and how are you changing the bots' datablocks again?

I appear to be having issues with slayer not recognizing that I'm the host of the server.
When I try to change anything in advanced settings it pops up a message along the lines of "You cannot modify these settings. Please go to the host for assistance".

Are you a BlockNet subscriber? Do you actually own the server?

I am actually the host of the server, as far as I know everything else seems to recognize that.
Also I do not use blocknet.