#gamergate megathread

Author Topic: #gamergate megathread  (Read 122645 times)

It is just so, so, so incredibly stupid to say that just because somebody used vocabulary somewhere around the 8th grade level that they're just trying to sound smart.
You seem to forgot the part where education is hardly standardized in the country. Not all schools teach these words. I hadn't heard the word ubiquitous until I went to college. As far as my communication style goes I prefer to use plain language simply because everyone can understand me better without having to look up a word or getting lost while I speak.

Do you, uh, do you know any women? Because I don't know a single girl who is "alienated" by hot ladies in video games. For that matter, I don't know of any men that feel alienated by hot dudes in video games. This probably includes you. I doubt you looked upon Dante and cried for a few minutes because you don't have that unrealistically hot full rack. I doubt anyone has.
The people who are most affected by things like loveualisation and the like are the people who actually have nothing to do with it. This brings to mind something that someone, I think it was Egoraptor but I might be wrong, said a long ass time ago regarding jokes about Self Delete. People get offended, saying "That's not funny! I know someone who tried to commit Self Delete, stop joking about it!" The actual attempted-Self Delete person will often find the joke hilarious, because they're over it and generally speaking humour is the best way to deal with a personal issue anyway. I've found this to be true more often than not, and when it wasn't the Self Delete person has always been a drama queen anyway so she doesn't really matter.
I'm probably no different than the rest of those white knights.

I'm probably no different than the rest of those white knights.
I'm not really sure how this is a response to my post. But okay.

small collection of proof that it's not just slacktivism
or i guess it's up to your definition of slacktivism but whatever

Yay, death to Gawker
Next we need something to kill Buzzfeed...

They listed intel but intel already pulled out their ads

guess they need to update it a bit but yeah go for the other guys

I thought they only pulled their ads from Gamesutra unless thats a part of Gawker as well.

I thought they only pulled their ads from Gamesutra unless thats a part of Gawker as well.
Ohhh yeah, my mistake. Well either way, good for intel. They made the right choice there.

Ohhh yeah, my mistake. Well either way, good for intel. They made the right choice there.

Well there's no point wasting money advertising on a site that attacks potential customers in the first place.

Well it just goes to show, be careful what you say on the internet when you are in the spot light.

I think I said this before, but Gamasutra is the one that hurts the most. Regardless of what is being posted now, it has the largest collection of really awesome game design articles.

They need to have mods come through and sweep away any agenda-driven content.

Some football forget thinks he's a big man and went all out over "GamerGaters".

Good to note that mysogony is far more present in physical sport than in video games.