Amiibo Megathread - Shovel Knight Confirmed

Author Topic: Amiibo Megathread - Shovel Knight Confirmed  (Read 53816 times)

Found 2 Foxes hidden behind Zelda at Fry's today.

I already have a Fox, but I picked one of them up anyway because I'm a scalper who leaves 1 behind intentionally because the boxes were in good condition, unlike my 1st Fox, whose box as you may know by now wasn't in the best condition
why do you care about the boxes, it isn't like these are going to be worth anything

why do you care about the boxes, it isn't like these are going to be worth anything

Because I like to keep some of them in the boxes.

Looks like Nintendo made an oops. Somebody got a few Wave 3s early.
And, while I'm here, I hereby declare myself the Furling of the Amiibo Megathread, considering half the stuff I post here is just pictures taken from reddit

willing to bet a penny ike gets discontinued

Because I like to keep some of them in the boxes.
then aren't they rendered useless if they're in the box? or are you collecting more for profit

then aren't they rendered useless if they're in the box? or are you collecting more for profit

I want to have a collection of some of my favorite characters in the box, as well as an unboxed collection

I don't sell them for a profit and never will, every amiibo I buy is one I will keep

I want to have a collection of some of my favorite characters in the box, as well as an unboxed collection
oh ok that's a good idea

Petition to stop scalpers, courtesy of Reddit.
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-target-best-buy-gamestop-toys-r-us-stop-amiibo-scalpers
Is change.org going to fix anything? Probably not, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

what are scalpers

also nintendo is changing Ike and Bowsers amiibo figures probably to make mass production easier

if i don't get a rosalina amiibo i'm gona be so miffed you don't even know how miffed i'll be

i'll be more miffed than pac-man's oven miffs

what are scalpers

people who buy up tons of a certain amiibo then sell them for up to 10x the price online

they're why you can't have nice things

Does anyone know if they will produce more Marth amiibos or other rare ones?? I'm really not sure if I want to shell out $50 for an import.

Does anyone know if they will produce more Marth amiibos or other rare ones?? I'm really not sure if I want to shell out $50 for an import.
apparently gamestop said they discontinued marth, wii fit trainer, villager, fox and some rumors(?) went around about samus getting discontinued too

According to a reddit Q&A with a fairly high-level Nintendo rep, the way amiibos will work is similar to the Disney Vault.
Quote from: Nintendo Rep
"As far as I know—yes. I'm constantly asked about certain figures being discontinued, and I've yet to receive that memo. From the way I understand it, it's going to be similar to the Disney Vault. Characters like the Wii Fit Trainer will come out, disappear, and be redistributed later on. I know certain retailers have removed some figures from their systems, but that is most likely because we haven't sent them any reorders they've asked for. This is Nintendo's first time dealing in toys themselves, so it should be expected that things will be rocky at first, and we're not producing the figures ourselves. Nintendo doesn't have it's own toy factory."

apparently some guy got butthurt about how there were a bunch of anime style characters so he bought $1000s worth of their amiibos just so no one could have them.
edit: source https://archive.today/xBKVZ
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:41:34 PM by joe411 »