Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 294916 times)

Update: Ive been informed that this issue was already known about for over a month. Fixing it might take some time so for the time being anybody with special characters in their name have been locked out and cannot use Glass.

I am very glad that I was ignored when I asked about this issue when a single sentence would have let me know everything I needed. Instead, I had to dig around and talk to other users who were being talked to.

Thank you so much Scout31 for the wonderful administration.

C'mon mr nobody, managing an add-on like this is tough and I'm sure he didn't mean to ignore you on purpose. No need to be hostile :O.

C'mon mr nobody, managing an add-on like this is tough and I'm sure he didn't mean to ignore you on purpose. No need to be hostile :O.

I think it's more so the hostility that he was given initially.

Update: Ive been informed that this issue was already known about for over a month. Fixing it might take some time so for the time being anybody with special characters in their name have been locked out and cannot use Glass.

I am very glad that I was ignored when I asked about this issue when a single sentence would have let me know everything I needed. Instead, I had to dig around and talk to other users who were being talked to.

Thank you so much Scout31 for the wonderful administration.

The authentication issue has already been resolved. The bug has been tracked for awhile but I was unable to pinpoint the exact issue until after our previous interaction in which I indeed responded to you:

Retrying to connect only sometimes works. Most of the time it just gives me the "Glass Live: failed" ping in console over and over.

Also, it refuses to verify my account continuing to ask what my EMail is every time I do/open anything. On the website, my account claims to still be unverified.

And a side note: my friends list is somehow already populated, seemingly with random people every time I restart Blockland, so that's confusing...
Do you use any special characters in your username similar to your forum username? I've seen a few errors relating to special characters but I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue.
I didn't use my username, it auto set that. So yeah, my username does have the ß in there.
I only had control over my email and password when creating the account.

So, in General Discussion Im able to talk as other players. I somehow was talking as Squidbee.

Edit: Yeah, this is really weird. It lets me join General Discussion but can't figure out my account since it isn't fully authenticated or something. So when I join, it places me wherever it can having me assume a random user already in GD. I can talk as them and send PMs as them, but I am not actually them.
This is shady as hell.

Can you please hard validate my account?

I did miss you asking to "hard validate" your account, but

Cool. Too bad I can't play this.
I apparently cant validate a Blockland Glass account with the ß in my name.

So, too bad.
You don't need to validate to use Glass?

The only users I really talk to in the Blockland community are Paperwork and Crown, and of course Paperwork was aware of this issue as he's one of the developers, but it was out of his reach to fix. I'm not sure who else informed you, but as there's previous talk of this issue on the forums as well as talk of it in chat itself and it being on our issue tracker, I wouldn't be surprised if people did their reading and were able to tell you more.

I run and develop Glass as a hobby with no compensation. I'm also a full-time student, tutor, and teaching assistant among other real life commitments, some of which allows me to fund Glass. The above interactions happened yesterday. I greatly apologize that I was occupied last night and a great part of today and was unable to browse between the add-on, website, database, api, and chat server code to find and fix the issue.

edit: I'd like to specify that there's multiple fronts to this issue. I've fixed the side of it that has any serious repercussions, and that's the ability to auth in as another user. There are still some name issues that apply when the server is loading up, but it's purely aesthetic and client-specific. For the time being, users with special characters are unable to authenticate. That will be fixed in an update pushed this weekend.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 07:56:34 PM by Scout31 »

I run and develop Glass as a hobby with no compensation. I'm also a full-time student, tutor, and teaching assistant among other real life commitments, some of which allows me to fund Glass.
Scout, you're my favorite community member. I can't even imagine how you find motivation to work on Glass so much. Thanks for all the work you put into Glass, even when things don't always work.

Scout, you're my favorite community member. I can't even imagine how you find motivation to work on Glass so much. Thanks for all the work you put into Glass, even when things don't always work.
This
he's only human people, don't rag on him for a single mis-step

ok so there's an issue with the glass client where if you deny a friend request and have any other friend requests pending they'll all massively forget up (http://puu.sh/rL0t7/5b5bf1432c.gif). i've tracked down the bug and fixed it myself so here have the code for it:

Code: System_BlocklandGlass/client/GlassLive.cs (18 lines)
function GlassLive::friendDecline(%blid) {
  %obj = JettisonObject();
  %obj.set("type", "string", "friendDecline");
  %obj.set("blid", "string", %blid);

for(%i = 0; %i < getWordCount(GlassLive.friendRequestList); %i++) {
    %blid2 = getWord(GlassLive.friendRequestList, %i);
    if(%blid2 != %blid) {
      %newRequests = trim(%newRequests SPC %blid2);
    }
  }

GlassLive.friendRequestList = %newRequests;

GlassLive::createFriendList();

GlassLiveConnection.send(jettisonStringify("object", %obj) @ "\r\n");
}

so now it works like this: http://puu.sh/rL0tp/acbce64962.gif
the issue in the vanilla version of glass 3.1.3 was this: %newRequests = trim(%newRequests @ %blid2);
the @ should be a SPC

also its a bit weird that the first argument in this member function isn't %this, in practice i find it better to call those kinds of functions like GlassLive.friendDecline(%blid); instead of like GlassLive::friendDecline(%blid);, but i guess that choice is up to you

-snip-

already fixed in 3.2.0, sorry for wasting your time.

EDIT: next version of un-released glass will always be located here.

already fixed in 3.2.0, sorry for wasting your time.

EDIT: next version of un-released glass will always be located here.
ok good

Released version 3.1.4, which correctly interprets UTF8-encoded names and implements a new iteration of the required clients system, now compatible with Support_RequiredClients.cs, allowing developers to distribute required client add-ons without requiring Glass.

I love it. Has anyone been permabanned from the chat?