Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291096 times)

The website is currently offline due to a database anomaly. This will effectively take Glass Live offline as it relies on the website for authentication. I'll work as quick as possible to resolve the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Everything has been resolved.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:12:32 PM by Scout31 »

Why does connecting to "Glass Live" take like, 5 minutes?

Why does connecting to "Glass Live" take like, 5 minutes?

The website is currently offline due to a database anomaly. This will effectively take Glass Live offline as it relies on the website for authentication. I'll work as quick as possible to resolve the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Today at 04:08:50 PM

Was it all a lie?

for some reason the repo and that particular add-on's version.json file are mismatched.
the repo reports version 5 while the add-on reports version 0.

for now, you can fix this yourself by going into the add-on's .zip and changing the version number in the version.json from 0 to 5.

if anybody else finds an add-on that does this, please notify us.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Gamemode_Slayer has this problem. I tried to update it on Glass, but after uploading the new file, the website broke. However it still seemed to have the new version number in the database. (just not the new file)

I've pushed version 3.1.2 which contains two fixes to the Required Clients system, thanks to Crown.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Gamemode_Slayer has this problem. I tried to update it on Glass, but after uploading the new file, the website broke. However it still seemed to have the new version number in the database. (just not the new file)
I believe there was a filesize issue at the time that has since been resolved

Was it all a lie?
The site issue had to do with add-ons, not user authentication. The downtime may have caused the Glass Live server to get congested but I don't see why that would cause an issue 4 hours later. I'll try rebooting the server tonight.

Retrying to connect only sometimes works. Most of the time it just gives me the "Glass Live: failed" ping in console over and over.

Also, it refuses to verify my account continuing to ask what my EMail is every time I do/open anything. On the website, my account claims to still be unverified.

And a side note: my friends list is somehow already populated, seemingly with random people every time I restart Blockland, so that's confusing...

Retrying to connect only sometimes works. Most of the time it just gives me the "Glass Live: failed" ping in console over and over.

Also, it refuses to verify my account continuing to ask what my EMail is every time I do/open anything. On the website, my account claims to still be unverified.

And a side note: my friends list is somehow already populated, seemingly with random people every time I restart Blockland, so that's confusing...
Do you use any special characters in your username similar to your forum username? I've seen a few errors relating to special characters but I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue.

I didn't use my username, it auto set that. So yeah, my username does have the ß in there.
I only had control over my email and password when creating the account.

When will we be able to upload screenshots to our addons? When I do, it never works.

Updated to version 3.1.3, applied a hotfix to required clients. Not very friendly with passworded servers at the moment.

When will we be able to upload screenshots to our addons? When I do, it never works.
Soon

So, in General Discussion Im able to talk as other players. I somehow was talking as Squidbee.

Edit: Yeah, this is really weird. It lets me join General Discussion but can't figure out my account since it isn't fully authenticated or something. So when I join, it places me wherever it can having me assume a random user already in GD. I can talk as them and send PMs as them, but I am not actually them.
This is shady as hell.

Can you please hard validate my account?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:20:46 PM by Mr.Noßody »

How do I update an addon? Once I add the file and fill out stuff, the only button I have is "Cancel Update".
Does it need to be verified again?

How do I update an addon? Once I add the file and fill out stuff, the only button I have is "Cancel Update".
Does it need to be verified again?
Yeah, after that point you need a reviewer to approve it.

Yeah, after that point you need a reviewer to approve it.
Okay, cool.