Why is Tezuni and his servers so despised?

Author Topic: Why is Tezuni and his servers so despised?  (Read 22498 times)

Haha, what the forget. Yeah, he seriously needs to find better options, lol.
It doesn't look that unreasonable. A high player server won't run well on a stuffty $5 a month vps, and $10 per month is already 1/4 of $500 for a year.

Haha, what the forget. Yeah, he seriously needs to find better options, lol.

$500 a year isn't really that expensive for a VPS...

It doesn't look that unreasonable. A high player server won't run well on a stuffty $5 a month vps, and $10 per month is already 1/4 of $500 for a year.
A Blockland can be run on pretty much anything without trouble, I've never had a machine in my house that couldn't manage it, and I've had a lot of potatoes in here.
"Already" a quarter of $500 a year is a quarter of $500. That's 25%. 75% saved. $125. $375 saved. To be perfectly clear: that is a big saving.

$500 a year isn't really that expensive for a VPS...
For what you should be using for Blockland? Yeah, it really is.

For what you should be using for Blockland? Yeah, it really is.

I'm pretty sure whatever he's using can host for more than just blockland.

Assuming that his server is running a windows operating system (what with the licensing fee) and it has enough resources to run multiple servers with multiple people without any issues, ~$40/mo isn't actually that steep.

let me remind you: tezuni hosts multiple servers. that's not happening on a vps that costs 10 bucks per month. 500 bucks per year seems reasonable for what tezuni is doing.

VPS's aren't just used for hosting blockland servers. He could be using it for other things as well. You also aren't going to be able to host 5 servers at once filled with players like I've seen with any form of decent performance unless you get a top tier VPS. It makes sense, really.

I host my falling tiles off of his vps as well. He doesn't just use it for his servers.

I find it funny when people say tezuni is tribal for making the prisoners black

Because ofc, it's not tribal for them all to be white, right?

I'm just butting in so I missed literally every other post in this thread: If I'm not mistaken can't you (read: Tezuni or whoever does the important gamemode stuff) just specify certain parts of the avatar based on team and leave the rest like face and head color and all that to the player's avatar choices?

eg. team 1 has their shirt color changed to red but the rest is left untouched

I'm just butting in so I missed literally every other post in this thread: If I'm not mistaken can't you (read: Tezuni or whoever does the important gamemode stuff) just specify certain parts of the avatar based on team and leave the rest like face and head color and all that to the player's avatar choices?

eg. team 1 has their shirt color changed to red but the rest is left untouched
I don't know what system Tezuni uses for setting up team skins for his gamemodes, but everyone I've ever seen has allowed you to do this.

So yeah, face colour should really be at the discretion of the player. If you can't recognise the guards from a blue uniform, or prisoners from an orange jumpsuit (I dunno if these are the actual outfits used) then that's your problem.

I find it funny when people say tezuni is tribal for making the prisoners black

That's the wrong solution to the situation.
It wouldn't be tribal if all players, both guards and prisoners, were white, or even black, or yellow like the default blockhead.
It's tribal, or at least comes off as tribal, if the entirety of one team has one racial skin-colour and the other team has another.

It's just much more logical to give everyone the same skin colour, or give them a non-racial colour like bright yellow, or let them choose their own colour.

I got banned for saying "that's bananas" for 10 hours

I don't have proof so I am not going get into it

I'd ban you for spamming the same message for 10 hours too :cookieMonster:

Because the administration is absolute crap. It's a highly corrupt group of self-interest and tezuni-worshipping circlejerks.

I non-racial colour like bright yellow,
juuuuuuuuuuuuust saying but asians

juuuuuuuuuuuuust saying but asians
So the problem with skin color is that if you look at it from a tribal perspective, no matter the skin color, it will be tribal. Any skin color can be perceived as tribal, if that's what the person's point of view is.

ITT: people butthurt that tezuni has a donation system and are rewarded for donating