14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 25551 times)

Muslim boy carrying a thing that looks a fair bit like it could be a bomb. Boy, I wonder what the immediate conclusion from that would be.
topkek. yeah, a muslim boy with a stellar record and who is in an engineering class and has brought in a box with some electrical wiring in it is definately a terrorist.

Muslim boy carrying a thing that looks a fair bit like it could be a bomb. Boy, I wonder what the immediate conclusion from that would be.

considering how entrenched you are into japanese culture who's to say you aren't plotting some sort of revenge bombing of pearl harbor?

both conclusions are stupid and ridiculous

considering how entrenched you are into japanese culture who's to say you aren't plotting some sort of revenge bombing of pearl harbor?

You might be on to something.

looks at all of these bombs
Not sure how I missed that. Boy, are these some disgusting ass companies.

for bill maher to say that "his culture blows stuff up", therefore it's all right to treat him like a terrorist
Ah yes, that thing he never said.

what about a backpack then? most people don't just carry bombs openly, they put em in bags.
One of the first things Maher made clear was that it's hard to think rationally in a situation where you might be staring at a bomb. I don't know why people around here seem to have so much trouble understanding this.

What the hell are you on about?

Ah yes, that thing he never said.
so what was the one culture he was referring to? taoists??
One of the first things Maher made clear was that it's hard to think rationally in a situation where you might be staring at a bomb. I don't know why people around here seem to have so much trouble understanding this.
agreed, it's hard to think rationally in a situation

but that's not an excuse not to

so what was the one culture he was referring to? taoists??
You seem to be completely misinterpreting what he said. He was not saying that it was okay to treat him like that, only that it was the most obvious and understandable way to react.

agreed, it's hard to think rationally in a situation
but that's not an excuse not to
"It's inexcusable to behave like a normal human being."
Okay.

The Nuke was more than enough and all that was needed.

Offtopic: Also there was one other attack besides the Small Invasion of Alaska and that was the Balloon bomb attack.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_balloon

Pretty primitive intercontinental weapon of it's time.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:51:05 AM by Harm94 »

Stop posting.

stop making stupid conclusions

like forget it's been well established that this kid's religion was not linked to him making a clock

stop jumping into threads akio

You seem to be completely misinterpreting what he said. He was not saying that it was okay to treat him like that, only that it was the most obvious and understandable way to react.
i don't think it was the most obvious and understandable way to react. i think it was based on fear more than reason. once again, i don't think we should treat people like extremists when it's obvious they're not.

"It's inexcusable to behave like a normal human being."
Okay.
i also think we, as human beings, can think rationally in a scary situation. we have to, or else we'd all be screwed. does it happen all the time? no. do people panic? yes. but that doesn't mean it's right.

So are we arguing for the sake of arguing or arguing for a cause?

stop making stupid conclusions
like forget it's been well established that this kid's religion was not linked to him making a clock
Oh, I didn't know you had to have future vision to be a teacher/police officer as well. Between that and the extreme biography deductions necessary, they must have it pretty rough.

i don't think it was the most obvious and understandable way to react. i think it was based on fear more than reason.
People are more prone to fear than reason.

once again, i don't think we should treat people like extremists when it's obvious they're not.
There is no such thing as "obviously not an extremist."

i also think we, as human beings, can think rationally in a scary situation.
We can. We should not be expected to. This is a simple matter of realism.

So are we arguing for the sake of arguing or arguing for a cause?
Arguing on this forum will literally never accomplish anything, it will pretty much always be for the sake of intrigue.