14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 25964 times)

Oh, I didn't know you had to have future vision to be a teacher/police officer as well. Between that and the extreme biography deductions necessary, they must have it pretty rough.

it must be pretty easy considering i deduced your little anime terrorism scheme

well, except for the off chance that the conclusion i came to was ill conceited in the first place

I bet you $10 that the kid put the clock in a suitcase because it made the clock look cooler, not to make it look like a forgetin bomb

I bet you $10 that the kid put the clock in a suitcase because it made the clock look cooler, not to make it look like a forgetin bomb
I haven't said one thing about the kid's intentions. I'm now convinced you're just making things up.

its time we asked the real questions
Who shot first? Hon or Greedo?

I haven't said one thing about the kid's intentions.

Good for you? I was just making a statement about the clock

Good for you? I was just making a statement about the clock
So you're just saying whatever comes to mind for the sake of it now? I guess I'm done talking to you then, you can continue to rant at nobody if you would like.

So you're just saying whatever comes to mind for the sake of it now? I guess I'm done talking to you then, you can continue to rant at nobody if you would like.

gosh I'm sorry I posted something relevant to the topic, would you prefer it if I called you names so you can fight about it for the next 20 pages?

its time we asked the real questions
Who shot first? Hon or Greedo?

I like to think the best version is Han shooting first because it's a great moment of character establishment. Rather than going with your average savvy hero, Han was a bit more unscrupulous and morally gray. That moment alone made the character feel more genuinely human and I think the edited version just took a bit ripe stuff all over that great writing.

well

that's certainly not founded in reality

People are more prone to fear than reason.
that only provides a basis why they did it. still doesn't justify them doing it

There is no such thing as "obviously not an extremist."
terrorists are not sleeper agents. that's why a lot of em get caught.

i have a muslim friend named malik. he was born in america, and got good grades all throughout school. he loved anime and manga and pokemon, and even went on a trip to japan. at no point did i ever say "could he be an extremist terrorist?" because it didn't make any sense. probably, as in 99% chance, he wasn't. same for ahmed. should we always air on the side of the 1% chance? should you never fly in a plane cus some of em crash?

should we always air on the side of the 1% chance?
trust no one

gosh I'm sorry I posted something relevant to the topic, would you prefer it if I called you names so you can fight about it for the next 20 pages?
If you're going to talk about something else, why would you do it in reply to me?

that only provides a basis why they did it. still doesn't justify them doing it
Yes. And? Nobody has said that what they did was right. But that doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense to totally condemn them for it either.

terrorists are not sleeper agents. that's why a lot of em get caught.
Uh? There is no handbook on terrorism. There are no real set rules to it. I can guarantee you that there are countless terrorists around the world that nobody knows about.

i have a muslim friend named malik. he was born in america, and got good grades all throughout school. he loved anime and manga and pokemon, and even went on a trip to japan. at no point did i ever say "could he be an extremist terrorist?" because it didn't make any sense. probably, as in 99% chance, he wasn't. same for ahmed. should we always air on the side of the 1% chance? should you never fly in a plane cus some of em crash?
Of course you're going to know your friend far better than a teacher or officer is going to know some kid, lol. That's hardly got anything to do with this.
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that your friend never happened to carry around anything that looked like a bomb.

Yes. And? Nobody has said that what they did was right. But that doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense to totally condemn them for it either.
i think it wasn't right because the facts show that this was based on fear of his religion and his associations, rather than with reality, and that if someone else had been in this situation and presented this suspicious clock, we would've never heard about it because it would've ended in the classroom

"what is that?"

"it's a clock"

end of story.

Uh? There is no handbook on terrorism. There are no real set rules to it. I can guarantee you that there are countless terrorists around the world that nobody knows about.
but honestly, are they really 14 year old middle class students? do you think that? is it possible that maybe terrorists aren't perfect? is it possible that this is an assumption based out of fear more than reason?

Of course you're going to know your friend far better than a teacher or officer is going to know some kid, lol. That's hardly got anything to do with this.
maybe a police officer, i can get that, but teachers know their students to a degree. they know em enough that they can discern whether they're potential terrorists of not. it is true that it's only been about 3 weeks of school, but still.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that your friend never happened to carry around anything that looked like a bomb.
once again, he left his backpack around a lot. i did too. never an issue. i think he also played clarinet in middle school so he probably left that case in the band room a couple of times.

just to note real quick, if you'll notice, i haven't called taboo an "idiot" or a "simpleton", or tried some ad-hominem attack. and thus, he has not said the same back to me. debating doesn't have to be petty.

tried some ad-hominem attack.
nice strawman cyber fallacy you nerd