Author Topic: Undertale - The RPG where you don't have to hurt anyone  (Read 276216 times)

You guy's do know that there is a guide on steam on how to bully people to stop hosting FNaF's server's right? People may not like the FNaF but bullying a fanbase because you think it's karmic retribution is disgusting.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:23:12 AM by dkar093 0 »

melee confirmed bad game
that's the top of the pile of games, which if I may remind you, are all stuff uuwuuw

on the subject of fandoms, can we just agree that all fandoms are stuff and we just decide not to care

I don't get this. When people say they hate fandoms, I only get the sense that they are anti-social rejects. Like, is it so wrong that a group of people start forming a community around something they all equally enjoy? Does everyone have to like things on their own terms and never talk about it to anyone ever? It's really quite sad.

asriel devito - the best mashup

I don't get this. When people say they hate fandoms, I only get the sense that they are anti-social rejects. Like, is it so wrong that a group of people start forming a community around something they all equally enjoy? Does everyone have to like things on their own terms and never talk about it to anyone ever? It's really quite sad.
i'm not really sure what the mentality behind it is, but maybe it's just that it's weird and foreign to see someone so apparently obsessive about a single thing. at the end of the day it's just what you said, people like things and seek community with people who share their interests, but maybe it's just hard to understand if you can't relate

i'm not sure what the actual rationale is but that's at least a decent guess?? i don't want to buy that people legitimately become prejudiced against others simply because they like something.

I never stated that I dislike the game or the people that enjoy it, because i don't. I don't give a stuff if people share similar interests, but the individuals with downright obsession over the game (there's many) and the constant bringing up of it when it's irrelevant is what bugs me. That's why I compared it to the Fnaf community.
I don't intend to attack the community in any way, it just needs to chill.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:52:51 PM by Akio »

i guess that begs the question of why specifically does that kind of thing bother you and how exactly are you defining/observing the problem

i feel like the vast majority of people in fandoms tend to keep their stuff with people they know they can share it with (which includes communities that are generally receptive to that interest), since that seems logically like what people would assume. i hear the complaint that obsessive fandom members annoyingly spam their interest all over the place, but i've genuinely never seen a living example that wasn't intentional or just a case of exceptionally poor personality. assuming the problem is being defined as an annoying, blatant, and obnoxious insertion of the subject matter into completely irrelevant discussions, and not a passive expression of interest like an avatar or a passing reference when appropriate

probably worth noting that i'm speaking as someone who is undeniably fandom trash so i guess i feel as though i'm on the defensive here

I haven't had any problems with the community, probably because I steer clear of comments and comment boards and just enjoy the game. I have heard it is extremely toxic and has ruined the game for some people.

I haven't had any problems with the community, probably because I steer clear of comments and comment boards and just enjoy the game. I have heard it is extremely toxic and has ruined the game for some people.
So, like the Blockland forums?

So, like the Blockland forums?
Depends on how you look at it, you guys are fine imo but I've been around here for about 5 years so I'm numb to any toxic actions that comes from this forums

Depends on how you look at it, you guys are fine imo but I've been around here for about 5 years so I'm numb to any toxic actions that comes from this forums
We're only poisonous to those with the inability to learn.

These forums are considerably tame compared to some of the more toxic communities out there

I've never seen any real witch hunts, large-profile private investigating or legitimate personal attacks between people enough to really be that big of an issue

These forums are considerably tame compared to some of the more toxic communities out there

I've never seen any real witch hunts, large-profile private investigating or legitimate personal attacks between people enough to really be that big of an issue
The forum's are tame but the extremist's are just.. awful.

do you ever just

wonder if you died somewhere along the line and that nothing is real