6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 164733 times)

I can make some beast enemies/partners/protagonist

We could all just toss in assets as we come up with the most stupidest ideas.
Probably stuff it all into some github or dropbox or something. Make a Discord that You isn't allowed in cause spoilers.

Make a Discord that You isn't allowed in cause spoilers.
https://discord.gg/ubydakM
You please don't join it'll spoil it :(

if you people actually make this stuff i will be both amazed and horrified

i wont join the discord or anything

If anyone has any better idea on which version of RPG Maker to use tell me I downloaded the trial version of RPG Maker V
Keep it legal of course

i've actually dabbled in vx ace before, p sure i still have it installed

Development is going well as always

Unforgiving Trials: The Space Crusade

unforgiving trials a space crusade is an rpgmaker rpg that plays sort of like a boss rush with rpg mechanics instead of a traditional rpg. neat concept that would be nice if the game actually was loving functional there are bugs out the ass. not only is it buggy as forget but it has this strange obsession with forcing the player to make permanent, game changing choices that can potentially stop the player from progressing permanently. unlike other rpgs theres barely any plot and most of what little effort put forward probably went into making the encounters enjoyable except they aren't anything special and the game is just too hideously buggy and punishing in the wrong ways. it lasts for about 5 hours and costs $1.

the game places you against a series of planned encounters that vary dramatically in difficulty depending on if you've geared up correctly and how badly your choices forget you in the ass. most are easy enough as the game's combat still is centered around the attack heal attack pattern so prevalent in the genre. anything beyond heal attack heal is pretty useless so that means buffing and status effects are mostly out. its only really made interesting by some of the difficulty spikes that force the player to play don't forget up managing the health of everyone or you're dead but the only time that ever happened to me was when i forgot to buy healing items after foolishly assuming my healer could sustain the whole party in combat.

unfortunate me did not think to prepare for massive full party damage that i had no warning about. most of the enemies are pretty generic damage dealer tank hybrids except one time there were five of them and at will they all could use a move that dealt 150-200 damage to the entire party at a time when everyone had 800 or so hp. healing items, which i had previously had no reason to ever stock up on as the healer was apt, became essential. this in itself isn't a terrible problem if taken on its own. "oh destroyer, just go back and grab some healing things you manchild" i hear. well guess what you loving can't.

permanency is forever a fascination of this game in the strangest ways. if you go down to the planet to initiate the boss battles you cannot return to the ship, the place with the shop, ever. clear that stuff and you can drag your broken ass back. furthermore you get to pick 4 standard jrpg classes with only a one line description of their abilities and jrpg archetypes as your guide and cannot change them. ever. immediate problems with getting stuck because you forgot to get items or save on the ship surface; further problems with party balance loving you over also surface but a little less close. its unbearably stupid especially in a game where the encounters can be planned around because they are not loving random. there is absolutely no reason to not allow players to change up party roles and buy items on the fly.

it gets worse though, this game has bugs. im not talking normal animation glitches or other harmless stuff, these are hardcore. recall briefly the permanency of party role selection. two out of four of my party members had nonfunctional moves, one was almost completely useless as they were the most important moves she had. it doesn't end there, there is one time where if you go talk to an npc you get stuck behind an invisible wall and can't progress. these are some serious motherloving bugs that would have been obvious to anyone actually playtesting the loving game. add some of that dumb permanency stuff in and you may have to restart your game depending on how badly coded your party is. i only saw 4 of the possible like 12 guys you can have and half of them were broken so i don't expect the rest to be too well put together either.

even if you ignore all of that other stuff the game isn't fun to play solely because the combat is loving slow. like really slow, animations and stuff take forever to play out and actually fighting things is incredibly tedious as you have to constantly watch all the magic sparkles from all of your attacks with no way to speed it the forget up. i am not overstating this it grinds excitement to a halt, especially in group battles. obviously this is another symptom of the game being released without any polishing at all. i probably spent about an hour of the five watching sprites do attack animations.

the story and stuff is basically nonexistent and seems to only exist because you can cram more rpgmaker tilesets into a bunch of different looking levels instead of a bunch of samey ones. 4 starfishs get picked up by a guy with a spaceship because they have super genetics or something and they get turned into generic jrpg classes to kill satan or something. characters are boring and forgettable, i dont give a stuff. nice change of pace as i expected to at least dislike the characters instead of ignore them entirely.

everything in the graphics and music stuff is generic rpgmaker stuff like always. i think the character portraits are done in some sort of generator because they all look extremely similar and all the clothing looks shopped on. its better than how to draw anime stuff so i dont even care. special word for the english which is horrendous and easily the worst use of the language i have ever seen. basic google translatable spelling errors are pervasive throughout although i really don't give a stuff because the story doesn't matter.

in conclusion boss rush jrpg is an interesting idea except this is hindered by the devs being incompetent forgets so forget this game.

boring tier
  hylics
  mogeko castle
  soma
  presentable liberty
  bad rats show
  imscared (a pixelated nightmare?)
  stray cat crossing
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  home
  super columbine massacre rpg
  crypt worlds
  ao oni
  suits: a business rpg
  unforgiving trials: the space crusade
  inflation quest
  stellar 2d
  the chosen rpg
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:26:31 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

If you guys are planning to make a horrible RPG Maker game, you should get Jayce .

spec ops the line was awful and ill write a review of it soon

I use Rpg Maker Vx Ace off and on

At least the assault system is better than BF4's