How do we force darkness on people without shaders?

Poll

Would you be able to run Blockland if shaders forced minimum?

Yes
79 (87.8%)
No
11 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: How do we force darkness on people without shaders?  (Read 29511 times)

Use alternate brick-textures. They are visible to players on your server.
i think he already did that

this kind of reminds me of those servers where you needed to download a client mod or else you weren't able to play

which also sucked massively

Use alternate brick-textures. They are visible to players on your server.

I did.

Demian shows why it doesn't work with reshade. Demian is able to take pitch black maps and make them appear almost as if they were well lit in the day time.

The OFF setting affects me too guys. If it gets removed, I wont be able to play Blockland on my Acer Aspire One 532h-2268!
I mean, it can't run Beach Head 2002 either, but Blockland shouldn't be 'hard to run' amirite?

rally dude calm down why are you so angry about this issue

you seem to be incredibly ticked off that other people have bad computers and no way to upgrade them, and i cant understand why you care so much about that. the lack of growth in bl has nothing to do with letting low-end users play the game.

It was more the fact that he just kinda stuck himself into a conversation that didn't involve him and then started saying that Blockland should be runnable on computers built for flash games or something ridiculous. Had to roast him, couldn't help it.

It's one thing if they simply just cannot upgrade their computer at all for whatever reason, at which point they're like "oh well guess I just wont play the game lol!" but if they legitimately believe that a developer must cater to them because they are 10 years behind the industry standard then I realistically just don't really know what to say to that

Holy stuff, how many times do I need to say this, actually LOOK at my post, I didn't say blockland is in the same category as flash games, and stop trying to be such a smart-ass about my computer being a "carrot" It's good enough to run things like Game Dev Tycoon and Blockland on the off setting.

Plus, just because a computer can't play AAA games doesn't mean it's stuff, some people just want to casually play games, they buy fallout 4 but oh no, they don't have a good enough graphics card to play it! Tough stuff, they play another game instead and don't whine about it, when you say nearly everyone does.

You've reworded this same garbage about 20 times and it's still not getting any more valid. If Blockland moves forward graphically and you're not willing to move forward with your hardware, old versions are not that hard to find. And sorry but a computer that can't run minimum on Blockland is pretty damn garbage, it has been for a while, I've been able to run minimum as far back as I can remember as a human being (2006-7 pretty sure my computer could run BF 2142)

Also, if you weren't putting Blockland in the same category as "small/flash games" then what was the point of that original post? We're talking about Blockland here.

Rally, the problem is that for some people a game that they've played on for years is suddenly unavailable, or harder to run.

Nobody is asking to deactivate your key. You just wouldn't be able to play on the latest update (with good performance) until you spend like $5 on a computer upgrade.

Uh...

$5 dollars?

I'm sorry, what?

You just wouldn't be able to play on the latest update (with good performance) until you spend like $5 on a computer upgrade.
I find it hard to believe that you think that upgrading an old computer is worth $5.

Anyways you're getting all buttblasted by the fact that people with low-end computers exist and many play this game.

Of course you need shaders for a stealth game. But forcing shaders on for every player to support those few gamemodes that require shaders, ruining freebuild in the process, scaring away low-ends who haven't started yet and breaking the fan base is a bad idea.

The OFF setting should be removed literally just because it looks bad. Minimum is basically the modern equivalent of 'off'. I bought my friend Blockland approx. 3 months ago and the first thing he said when he discovered the OFF setting was "why does the game even have this option"

Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if Freebuilds were 'ruined' for these people as soon as the brick count rose to like, idk, 300? 500 if they're lucky?

Uh...
$5 dollars?
I'm sorry, what?

I meant it 100% literally with no exaggeration

Anyways you're getting all buttblasted by the fact that people with low-end computers exist and many play this game.

No you're just buttblasted that I called your computer bad

A GeForce 620 card can run shaders on max, it has low power consumption and it an be bought for a low price of less than 40 dollars.

Compatible with many computers from this decade.

i have a feeling that if OFF was removed there would be a ton of player controversy, similar to the removal of terrain and interiors (but probably not as much???)

and that's too much of a hassle to deal with

A GeForce 620 card can run shaders on max, it has low power consumption and it an be bought for a low price of less than 40 dollars.

Compatible with many computers from this decade.

But can you install a GeForce 620 in a 2003 Compaq t1010? Checkmate buddy

40 dollars can get you:

1 month of turbo on Roblox

6 months of club penguin

Lifetime player membership status on some minecraft server.

A cheap graphics card that can handle most modern games on decent settings including games like Fallout 4 on at least medium.

For some reason the first three options are usually bought more than the fourth option.

But can you install a GeForce 620 in a 2003 Compaq t1010? Checkmate buddy

Might be time to get a computer that can at least handle a game from 2006.

lets remember this: blockland is loving horribly optimized and shaders were introduced in 2012
saying "its from 2006 lol your computer can't run a game from 2006" is a stupid argument

also you literally need a $100+ graphics card to run minimum shaders decently. people can't afford to drop $100 on new hardware just to play one game.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:06:42 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

also you literally need a $100+ graphics card to run minimum shaders decently.

I just said there is a geforce 620 card that can run Blockland on MAX shaders for 40 dollars.

Are you telling me it's more expensive to buy a card that can only run minimum and not MAX?

This 610 card is only 36 dollars and can run shaders on settings above minimum. That's incredibly cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125484&cm_re=geforce_610-_-14-125-484-_-Product

I can't find the 620 but trust me, it's like 40 dollars. Can run most games on medium with no issues. INCLUDING FALLOUT 4.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:15:21 PM by Lord Tony® »

i can't find any benchmarks on the gt 620 but i'm going to assume that its pretty close in performance to the gt 610

the gt 610's benchmark score on http://www.videocardbenchmark.net is 358
i used to have a gt 520, which was a $60 gpu and i can tell you it was decent but it couldn't run minimum decently on a map with 50k+ bricks
the gt 520 actually scores /higher/ than the gt 610, at 387

you're not paying $40 to play with minimum shaders at a decent framerate. its going to take a gtx 600 series to to that.

and i'm not talking about being able to run at a level of shaders. if we're going by that, then the gt 520 could run at max shaders. but at 4 fps. people will want 30+ fps for blockland, and that is going to cost $100+

also saying it can run fallout 4 means nothing. read this:
lets remember this: blockland is horribly optimized and shaders were introduced in 2012
fallout 4 is probably good at running on anything, blockland isn't.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:19:01 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »