#TheTriggering is the #1 trending hashtag on Twitter...

Author Topic: #TheTriggering is the #1 trending hashtag on Twitter...  (Read 24364 times)

Holy stuff am I the only one that thinks that banning someone for being an insulting prick and offending everyone in sight is the best course of action

did you ever think that sometimes people are just doing satire
what if badspot acted this way toward squartle/fred forgetstone

Holy stuff am I the only one that thinks that banning someone for being an insulting prick and offending everyone in sight is the best course of action

It's not like it's unjust censorship to punish someone for harassing others

you contradict yourself like every 3 posts

you contradict yourself like every 3 posts
State my contradictions

And before you say 'banning someone for being offensive is censoring'

7. Do not flame - If the entire point of your post is to tell someone what an idiot they are, don't bother.

am I the only one that thinks that banning someone for being an insulting prick and offending everyone in sight is the best course of action
yes, you are. you cant get banned for "offending" people here.

the only way in which you can get banned in any way like that is for outright 100% unjustified excessive flaming. aka stuff like waltzing into a random person's thread and telling them they should kill themselves IRL.

how to tell if somebody is trying too hard
do they edit their posts 20 seconds after they make it
do they ask for proof when cornered

i sure hope so
all censorship is bad censorship

i sure hope so
all censorship is bad censorship
I dunno about that. I think theres a good reason research and gore aren't allowed on this forum, and even though it's censorship its not really a bad thing. Time and a place, you know?

that said, censoring Twitter is pretty forgetin stupid. you only see posts of people you follow + what they retweet, so if some post is upsetting you unfollow the person. half of these cyberbully-moaners could solve their issue with the block function

I dunno about that. I think theres a good reason research and gore aren't allowed on this forum, and even though it's censorship its not really a bad thing. Time and a place, you know?
yeah i mean its just common sense censorship. stuff like gore and research belong on gore and research sites. they are not worthy of the edgy lego wonderland that is the blockland forums.

I'm a very reasonable person under most circumstances, but even I have to admit that I'm completely right at the moment.

this is the funniest sentence i've read in the past year

I'm a very reasonable person under most circumstances, but even I have to admit that I'm completely right at the moment.
the horses are high

either you're in favor of censorship or you're not

putting it in such a dichotomy like this isn't the best because nobody is going to say they're for censorship because it implies being against free speech (which itself has limits)
what people will say is that censoring certain things is acceptable, it just differs how many things would be censored

nop.
i block richards as well
be non-pc all you want but ima get the forget outta there when you are im not dealing with that stuff lmao

if i want to mute people, block people, walk away from people, whatever, thats fine. its my life lol go be a stuff in someone elses
Do you consider what they're saying though? If by richards you mean people senselessely flaming with not much of a reason or criticism to help you improve, then i can see where you're coming from.
But if someone states a valid well thought-out point about how you act in but says it in an aggressive tone do you still block that person because anything that sounds like a personal attack on you is something you cannot handle?
I'm not trying to insult you i'm just curious now

putting it in such a dichotomy like this isn't the best because nobody is going to say they're for censorship because it implies being against free speech (which itself has limits)
what people will say is that censoring certain things is acceptable, it just differs how many things would be censored
i agree, but what i was saying there was specifically directed toward path. not in general.