Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 148853 times)

You didn't answer the part where the controllers are included. You do not need to buy an extra one for Skyrim. The only game that was even shown that seemed to require a second set is that punching game, and that's assuming you have a friend that'll come over and play it with you and not have their own controllers to bring.

Skyrim was more an example of a more complicated game. A better example for a splitscreen game that requires more buttons would be CoD, in which you would need another controller (at least 70 if you get a pro controller)

Also your implying that everyone would own a Switch so they would have a controller to bring over. Most of my friends don't own the consoles we play split screen on, That's why we play it in the first place.

this is a official image for snipperclips on nintendo's website

They put out a few more trailers that they didn't show during the presentation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98ZwgzYyig - Super Bomberman R
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1SbHLXlH8 - Sonic Mania
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4ia1-1CPs - Puyo Puyo Tetris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlRN2YpxRE - Not new, but they re-uploaded the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe video and i think it got overlooked when the original video was posted a few pages back

Skyrim was more an example of a more complicated game. A better example for a splitscreen game that requires more buttons would be CoD, in which you would need another controller (at least 70 if you get a pro controller)

Also your implying that everyone would own a Switch so they would have a controller to bring over. Most of my friends don't own the consoles we play split screen on, That's why we play it in the first place.
Well, it's a good thing CoD players seem to have the wallets to stuff money out at every new game and DLC. Though that's totally assuming that playerbase would even play it on Switch. They're probably still going to play it on Xbone/PS4, which, the controllers aren't even much cheaper, maybe even equal if you're counting launch prices.

Pre-ordered. Looks fantastic, is going to be a bloody treat on my long journeys to/from work, and the game selection is solid (never played a Mario game before).

Sucks Mario Odyssey isn't coming out until the holiday season.

Sucks Mario Odyssey isn't coming out until the holiday season.
But I imagine Zelda will keep me going for a while, and if the Skyrim, Kart and LEGO City Undercover come out first, I'll be set until then.

I'll definitely be playing a lot of Zelda, and Binding of Isaac maybe coming to switch as well. 

This console looks very promissing and they're already doing a better job than they did with the Wii U, different name, very interesting line up of launch games, Zelda, I have a feeling it will be a great seller.

Also speaking of Mario, loving finally they're trying something rather different while bringing back the 64/Sunshine gameplay style, sandbox-like locations and plenty of stuff around, when I saw that very short footage of the game in the Switch reveal I was afraid it would be like 3D World again.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:04:50 AM by Filipe »

Again: how is a 70$ pro controller justified?
I'm pretty sure nintendo hardware price is almost always justified.
The tiny controllers actually has some innovations like near capacitive recognizition and HD taptic feedback.

Thought you meant the joycons sorry
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:50:48 AM by MrLoL² »

From what I remember, the controller contains;

• 6 Standard Gameplay Buttons, an brown townogue Stick which also acts as a button and a special button (either Share or Home depending on the L/R Variant)
  • IR Reciever
  • NFC Scanner
  • HD Rumble
  • Accelerometer
  • Gyro-Scope
  • Camera

That's a LOT for only $50, given it has just as much physical tech as most smart phones, although these ones are likely far more precise and high-grade. Anybody crying about the price is themselves completely unjustified.

so many loving people in ign's comments about it not being 200$ and that its the death of nintendo

yea but you can simulate 3 ice cubes and then you can simulate the glass filling with water so i'd say its worth 100 buck tbh

the switch doesn't look any more graphically capable than the wiiu