LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for

Author Topic: LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for  (Read 48421 times)

It's more of "you've never played so you have no idea how it actually works in practice and you never will play so why should your opinion affect those who do play it?"
You're still dismissing our arguments with a stuff excuse as to way. Played it or not, our points are still valid on the stance that the rules are very confusing and over complicated, which in turn can and will cause confusion and possible false bans or accusations, all because of how intricate and confusing the rules are layed out.

You're an admin of the server, stop dismissing everyone.

Noedit: here's a comparison: it's like somebody who only plays Minecraft and has never played Blockland going on and on about how terrible of a game Blockland must be.
This is not the case whatsoever, this brown townogy does not fit with our current topic.

Noedit: how would you design a computer system to detect somebody's motives in attacking somebody? What would you do if in your Star Trek roleplay I shot the captain every round for no reason then immediately left the server?
I don't care much about someone's motives for attacking someone. I'd ask my friends to design a system in which you spawn in the brig every time you join so you can't repeat the same behavior - exactly as how CityRPs handle it.

And there would be a rule against intentionally trolling/only joining to try and make others miserable. So if you did continually do it enough you would get banned - not because you randomly attacked me or had no motive - but because it became clear through your actions that your main motive on the server is to troll.

Noedit: here's a comparison: it's like somebody who only plays Minecraft and has never played Blockland going on and on about how terrible of a game Blockland must be.
In what way is that a fair comparison? I've played other RP servers before (BluZone, Comr4de's, Flareon's, etc). I've hosted my own RPs years back as well. I had very few complaints about anything.

The rules actually aren't that complicated to think about. You only have to think about 1/3 of the text of the RDM rule at any given time, and those thirds are mostly examples and specific circumstances. If you meet those circumstances, which are easy to memorize, you can kill. Simple.

I don't care much about someone's motives for attacking someone. I'd ask my friends to design a system in which you spawn in the brig every time you join so you can't repeat the same behavior - exactly as how CityRPs handle it.

And there would be a rule against intentionally trolling/only joining to try and make others miserable. So if you did continually do it enough you would get banned - not because you randomly attacked me or had no motive - but because it became clear through your actions that your main motive on the server is to troll.
In what way is that a fair comparison? I've played other RP servers before (BluZone, Comr4de's, Flareon's, etc). I've hosted my own RPs years back as well. I had very few complaints about anything.
Even if after enough times you ban somebody for joining solely to troll (such as Tony), in our server, the damage would have already been done, because characters in this server die permanently.

Noedit: the rules including clarifications and examples actually reduces the amount of false bans, as if the rules are clear cut on what is and isn't RDM, it is easier to determine if what somebody did was RDM or not.

On topic with structure's permanent ban, this was also a key part of it:
Alright, lately Structure has been puling a lot of bullstuff. Just now Structure tried to metagame with Ayleyyen to get himself out of Aedwin jail, but Ayy sent me his logs and called him out in OOC. He got banned for metagaming shortly, and apparently he also exploited the map to get out or something.

Here's proof:

Quote was taken from a post on our own forum.

The rules actually aren't that complicated to think about. You only have to think about 1/3 of the text of the RDM rule at any given time, and those thirds are mostly examples and specific circumstances. If you meet those circumstances, which are easy to memorize, you can kill. Simple.
"simple" "easy to memorize" "1/3 at any given time"

You only think this because you're a super admin on the server, you HAVE to memorize the rule in detail to be able to administrate. Try asking any new player / semi regular player of their opinion on the rules or how complicated they are to understand and remember.

Rather low server population at the moment, and thus a very small sample size, but:

Noedit: 11 players on the server at the time of the vote.

Only three people. That's like calling a vote but only allowing 3 people out of 20+ to vote.

Try it when the server is populated so the results are actually more accurate

Noedit: 11 players on the server at the time of the vote.
"3:0" Only 3 voted

Took the poll again, asking more people to vote. Still 11 players.

Another brown townogy: when you're driving a car, do you constantly think about how to drive a car and what the laws of the road are, or do you learn them from experience?

someone sum up all the proposed solutions to this server's problems

Bullstuff guards were killing me with map exploits, they didn't get banned.

you mistakenly assumes that there is one right course of administration and in a lack of rules the admins will always come to a consensus on what you can or cannot do. all admins see the server as being something and will try to make it into that vision, meaning all admins have a different tolerance on violence and other behavior. this isnt necessarily bad but when it comes to judgements on things like will this character live or die it is important to have a set of rules clarified so players can act without fear of being banned for doing shadier stuff and so everyone can be judged equally. since everyone is bitching about the quality of the server administration most would rather have the admins chained via rules than let them forget around

Another brown townogy: when you're driving a car, do you constantly think about how to drive a car and what the laws of the road are, or do you learn them from experience?

I learn from experience.

With your server I have to constantly think about what I am going to do before I do it and then make sure I have a damn good reason to do what I do before I do it or I'll get banned.

It's bad enough I can't type and walk at the same time and with this server you have to literally type every loving thing out before you kill someone. So how the hell am I going to be able to walk and talk? I gotta roleplay as a bandit chasing people down but I can't talk to them first because I have to run the forget at them.