Teneksi's Garage - LawnMaster '90 [8/25]

Author Topic: Teneksi's Garage - LawnMaster '90 [8/25]  (Read 87085 times)

You went so fast it almost crashed your computer

Due to frequent reports of crashes in Kreon's server linked clearly to the use of the Crown Vic Police Interceptor, my current priority is putting together a drastically simplified "Crown Vic 2017".

Its name is somewhat misleading, as a more fitting name would be "Crown Vic 2016 Lite". The 2016 version was a visual improvement; this is an improvement for efficiency.

You will not be able to run both at the same time.

CONS: (Might as well get them out of the way, right?)
  • The dark windows and the emergency light flare effects will be removed. At the moment, I can't export translucent materials correctly. Besides, they look terrible in fog.
  • Doors will be non-functional like my more recent vehicles. Let's be honest, if I have to do that over again, I might never release this version.
  • It will be rear wheel drive, and the handling will make more sense. Since it's a Teneksi car, this probably means it will be slightly harder to drive.

PROS: (Here's why I'm doing this.)
  • Rear wheel drive means it can have a bit of a slide without having two different sets of wheels on the front and back.
  • Using the same wheel on the front and back means there's less it has to do when it spawns.
  • There will also be far, FAR fewer nodes involved, meaning there's less it has to do when it spawns.
  • With my new, more efficient techniques for UV mapping and node coloring, there will be far less for it to do when it's painted.
  • FAR less. Have you looked at the scripts for this thing? It's a travesty.
  • The file size will probably be dramatically smaller, and a simpler mesh translates to better performance,
  • You'll probably stop crashing when it spawns. The Crown Vic will no longer be the car that constantly ruins everything.

This might actually take a bit. There's a whole years' worth of college procrastination contained in this car. It's going to take a fair amount of effort to leave behind only what it needs.

THE POWER OF HARTMAN COMPELS YOU

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:43:43 PM by Teneksi »

Never got any crashes with it at my place its weird

awesome thank god, whenever I've been on a server with it it frequently caused invalid packet crashes

Never got any crashes with it at my place its weird
How many were active at once?

I've seen enough to know that the bizarre behaviors are true. Before releasing it, I spawned 5 of them in singleplayer. The front wheels on one of them snapped back and forth, then its hidden nodes started flashing, and it teleported some distance away, upside down. Being not in the mood for that, I released it as-is. I have no idea how or why it acts this way, but it does. If I give it the simplicity my more recent vehicles have, it almost certainly won't.

If the 2016 version gives you no problems, then by all means, keep it. This will be an alternate file, not an update.

Haven't I been here before?

Turn off your siren. How many time have I told you, turn-- TURN IT OFF.

What's happening, I thought I already released you.

and now I hear you don't even know the emergencyLights function?

That's it, I'm calling the cops. Oh, you think you're the only cops now, huh? I'm gonna find better cops. You don't think I can do better??

Here's a picture of him. Yeah, that's right. I have a new police car in my life. I've been seeing him for a week. His name is Capital.

OK, so the ambient light happened to be red while his lights were blue but YOU KNOW WHAT, AT LEAST HE DOESN'T CRASH EVERYONE.

OK, so the ambient light happened to be red while his lights were blue but YOU KNOW WHAT, AT LEAST HE DOESN'T CRASH EVERYONE.
this looks fricken amazing

Haven't I been here before?

Turn off your siren. How many time have I told you, turn-- TURN IT OFF.

What's happening, I thought I already released you.

and now I hear you don't even know the emergencyLights function?

That's it, I'm calling the cops. Oh, you think you're the only cops now, huh? I'm gonna find better cops. You don't think I can do better??

Here's a picture of him. Yeah, that's right. I have a new police car in my life. I've been seeing him for a week. His name is Capital.

Good grief man. I didn't think you were into soap operas that much. The BL forums are not the place of the Young and the Restless theories.

Lol. Jokes aside, that looks pretty good! Something CJ and Big Smoke would be riding in the back of.

This is the physical return of Christ.

How the hell did you do the suspension on the 88, loving a looks fantastic.

very proud of our new sponsor this year for the Confederations Cup 2017 soccer tournament, here's a custom GBFL Capital '93 Stock car #17 currently only available on our server

The Capital 93 vehicles will be shown in our entrance area, near Starblocks coffee, free to use by everyone (not drive, but check out inside, controls etc)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:41:44 PM by MrLoL² »

DAAAYYYYTOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA