Badspot & Rotondo - Completely incompetent lately

Author Topic: Badspot & Rotondo - Completely incompetent lately  (Read 35703 times)

i had a dream that i was wearing a really cool wig

The people who most want to become moderators are psychopaths.
dam figured me out ;(

but yeah gettin woof and tony outta here would be prety cool

noedit: o wait badspot already replied to this thread.... but still PREPARE FOR BANNAGE
shut up you handicap

on a more serious note: people may also want to be moderators cause they want to help make the place function better.
This is why i wanted to be a mod, to make Badspot's life easier so he'll stop telling us to kill ourselves, and to help keep the forums clean by enforcing the rules a bit more

badspot can you ban woof please
This, and Col. Burton and eholt

Totalitarianism will be different when I'm in charge!
To be completely honest, Conan would probably ban less people in his lifetime than you have the past month.
He's not really speaking for himself either.

Consider the type of person who would willingly become a forum moderator.

A system of volunteer moderators results in the people who most want to be moderators becoming moderators.  The people who most want to become moderators are psychopaths.  You can see this process in action in literally every forum to ever exist.

Sites live off of volunteer mods, unless they are small like the blf where it's usually the owner who does all the management. It's not scalable however to have a one or two person system, so moderators have to come in to manage the burdeons equally. Not only that, but people usually don't become moderators unless they willingly do so.

Like... really, how else do you staff a community and manage it. And places do it with pretty small margins of error. While facepunch isn't the best example, is quite strict and has an over-abundance of mods proportional to activity, they definitely keep out the big time stuffposters and problem users. And in the rare instance of a mod getting out of hand, it's dealt with pretty quickly. I can only think of one mod recently that abused their powers, and that was Big Dumb Patriot and he was demodded and banned for changing someones name.

I think you are mistakening volunteer mods with sociopathic beggars.

Woof being banned would be swell. Long shot since I have a history and don't post offer but I wouldn't really mind moderating. I'd probably post less and just check a few times a day.

I bet that a 99.99% of forumers would ban me the second they're mods

Then why be here? I'm not hugely popular either but I'm at least trying not to be a freak and stand out.

Why not?

Because I don't have crippling social handicapation?