Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 53423 times)

I'm thinking of putting the colossus cage outside and linking it to a lever, so when the goblins inevitably show up I can just release him, have him kill them all, and then laugh as he stupidly walks into another cage trap. Good idea or a terrible idea that could turn into a hilariously bad tragedy?
Remeaber the words: It's fun to lose, try it, see how it works.

What you would need to do is put his cage down in a room outlined with cage traps, so you can release him on controlled rampages.

Remeaber the words: It's fun to lose, try it, see how it works.
Losing is fun!

Also this fort is quite epic... I've got a decent chokepoint idea for defense, that'll help majorly.

No, it only managed to break my trade depot before it walked straight into a cage trap. But how do I tame the thing? It doesn't show up in the list at the kennels. And yes, the dungeon master is here.
Hmm I took a quick look at the creature script and Colossus and Titans aren't tameable (no Pet Exotic lines). If you wanted to you could add the line in but it would be technically cheating :/

That's kind of disappointing since the Colossus might be the most dangerous megabeast in the game, being able to heal it's wounds almost instantly and kill things relatively easily.

Dragons and Hydras are tamable however.

Also if it does go on a rampage, have some macedwarves and axedwarves ready to kill it. It's limbs sever when mangled, but it doesn't suffer any kind of internal damage (making pierce weapons like crossbows useless), so blunt weapons are the best choice, cutting weapons second best

Edit: Oh loving hell, why in the world did I buy that coal. I really hope no one catches on fire near this thing
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:43:14 PM by Muffinmix »

Ahahah spikey bed.

Also, forgot to save so there goes my fort's spring and summer.

Well, it's no more flammable than a normal wooden bed, though why anyone would make a bed out of coal is anydwarf's guess, since you'd come out looking like coal once you've slept upon it.

Well, it's no more flammable than a normal wooden bed, though why anyone would make a bed out of coal is anydwarf's guess, since you'd come out looking like coal once you've slept upon it.
The guy used 3 bituminous coal stones and 2 tower cap woods. I have no idea why he ignored the obsidian just 10 steps below him :(

You could have used micromanagement and forbidden them when he grabbed them, he would drop them as soon as he got to the workshop if the thing he's carrying was forbidden.

You could have used micromanagement and forbidden them when he grabbed them, he would drop them as soon as he got to the workshop if the thing he's carrying was forbidden.
Wait really?

Well damn, I thought moody dwarves ignored forbidden orders :/

They do, that's why you forbid them while they are carrying them.

Question: Should I always prepare for the journey carefully?
The menu is a royal pain in the ass. D:

Yes, as you will get useless crap to start with other wise.
Especially, since most of your dwarves you will have will be peasents.

Or soap makers

Or soap makers

Actually EMBARK NOW!!!!! always gives you the basic 6 professions + jeweler.