Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5763938 times)

For fun?

Same reason why people build anything intricate.
For fun isn't necessarily "useful"

"For fun" seems like the reason why Snow golems and any damn golems were added in the first place. hint: Both of them loving suck.

It does something that isn't "Looking pretty" and thus it's useful and fun.

You can make secret doors with it on PvP servers or use it to swap track to go make you go somewhere else plus there is hundreds of others things you can do with it.

Seriously I was never expecting someone to doubt the usefulness of Redstone.

1. Who the forget actually uses redstone unless they're bragging about their "skeelz" on youtube?
2.Same as above.
I have a slight feeling you suck at using redstone.

It does something that isn't "Looking pretty" and thus it's useful and fun.

You can make secret doors with it on PvP servers or use it to swap track to go make you go somewhere else plus there is hundreds of others things you can do with it.

Seriously I was never expecting someone to doubt the usefulness of Redstone.
By the time you get the trap done at least 80% of the people in the server know it exists and the other 20% get told about it trough in-game chat. Also the triggers are always more noticeable than a mustache that you grew overnight. The time used to develop these useless features could had been used to make something useful like getting a brain surgery for the Devs so they stop making additions, not fixing them and jumping on to make the next crazy thing that they will fix in 2-8 months. (Psst, Villagers)

By the time you get the trap done at least 80% of the people in the server know it exists and the other 20% get told about it trough in-game chat. Also the triggers are always more noticeable than a mustache that you grew overnight. The time used to develop these useless features could had been used to make something useful like getting a brain surgery for the Devs so they stop making additions, not fixing them and jumping on to make the next crazy thing that they will fix in 2-8 months. (Psst, Villagers)
I understand the Devs are currently loving handicapped for making stuff like bats/fireworks but you insulted Redstone and that hurt yo.

And really thinking it over Redstone is mildly useless on anything that isn't a mod now that I think about it, it needs more useful things like traps that are blocks and pads that only trigger on mobs.

But damn I am still happy about redstone simply because it's fun as hell to use.

For fun isn't necessarily "useful"

"For fun" seems like the reason why Snow golems and any damn golems were added in the first place. hint: Both of them loving suck.
that's not what i meant lol

it's fun to mess around with redstone

it admittedly doesn't have too many practical uses outside of doors and the sort, but if you're interested in using it, it can be interesting to play with

Quote from: https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/276708571629101056
We have no plans to release a snapshot today, sorry. Sorry!

... Well guys, guess what? Looks like you're getting your wish; No more snapshots between major updates. Now you get to learn EVERYTHING.

No really, I love testing, and this is actually frustrating me even though... it really shouldn't. What is really bothering me is they suggest they are making major changes, yet they aren't letting us test it to report bugs. Hopefully they have some private civilian testers who think of thing they might - otherwise... forget. Just forget.

... Well guys, guess what? Looks like you're getting your wish; No more snapshots between major updates. Now you get to learn EVERYTHING.

No really, I love testing, and this is actually frustrating me even though... it really shouldn't. What is really bothering me is they suggest they are making major changes, yet they aren't letting us test it to report bugs. Hopefully they have some private civilian testers who think of thing they might - otherwise... forget. Just forget.
I also loving hate these snapshot things too. Apparently the developers of the game are so disappointed in their creation/They are that loving lazy they want the community to take a role as a bunch of lab rats so they can make their god damn software work again. The devs are spoiling the fun of finding out the cool new thing in the update by telling about it before it has been released and releasing an incomplete glitchy version of it that gives you a bad first impression of the new addition and that everyone can't resist the urge to download it and try it out.

Ever since the snapshot thing started, I've been a lot less excited about updates, I find.

Ive never even used a snapshot.
Also Tonkka, shut up already, why the forget do you play this game if you are going to bitch about everything?

I get excited about play testing new content and reporting any problems for you guys... :panda:

Anyway, I'm going over the issue tracker. Apparently today, the bug where going between dimensions changes your selected item slot is fixed. A side effect is it also retains which slot you had when logging in and out of a server. Also, apparently the Wither accidentally destroying it's own Nether Star through some means like having shot as it died, so the shots land on the star, was fixed. Also, boats will now place in the direction you place them instead of in the same direction, forcing you to turn. Also, that bug where you get glitched leave blocks that don't stack was fixed. And pressing 1-9 to take items out of the furnace will give XP as intended. And tree leaves no longer repalce slabs when grown off a tree.

as long as they make it so you don't need like 45 levels to repair an above average enchanted item I'll be happy

Repairing a non enchanted item shouldn't cost any XP.

Repairing a non enchanted item shouldn't cost any XP.
It's because naming something is an enchantment.