Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5825600 times)

last time i played seriously was 1.7.3
whats new since then

we could defo use another 1.12? server

wish we had another server around here
Queeb is hosting ManyMods3 Revisited.

I was considering hosting a vanilla Realms server but I gotta see how many people would be up for that

Every time I've hosted, the server lasts at most a few weeks. Vanilla just has a point where, after which, there's absolutely nothing to do.

forget, that island looks so cozy.

That's beautiful.

damn I love that snug mini palace look.

thanks for the comments guys

do you run an underground system from it or what

mostly boat to other places, that is the spawn island on the seed (420blazeit) i saw on r minecraft and i've always loved building on islands
there's some stripmine beneath and nether tunnel to a swamp for slime

you've got a whole industry going on that small island.

everything steve could ever want, except slime

Every time I've hosted, the server lasts at most a few weeks. Vanilla just has a point where, after which, there's absolutely nothing to do.

really like building, redstone stuff and deco, think it was your semi modded server i had that savanna farm on with the huge spiderspawner bottle?
shame that most people tend to drop out after the exploring and boss stuff is out of the way and real game begins

last time i played seriously was 1.7.3
whats new since then

decorations, gliding, holding useless items in your off hand

really like building, redstone stuff and deco, think it was your semi modded server i had that savanna farm on with the huge spiderspawner bottle?
shame that most people tend to drop out after the exploring and boss stuff is out of the way and real game begins
I remember that, that was a good server.

I would host more often if I could figure out a better method of player retention, because a big strength of the game is the social experience imo.

I would consider hosting TFC as well, as, while more niche, it offers a more fleshed out game with more progression, which could lead to longer retention of a smaller number of players.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:33:37 PM by Cappytaino »

I was considering hosting a vanilla Realms server but I gotta see how many people would be up for that

i'd be up for it

I would play

Anyone hosting a modded skyblock such as Agrarian Skies? I'd be up for that or a RR3 server.

no the other 1.7.3

in that case it's a whole new game that must be experienced for yourself 😱

oh right
you can join my 1.11 survival server, its 100% vanilla.
Joey91522.myserver.gs
time to put this server to good use i guess
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:02:12 PM by crazies alt »

I remember that, that was a good server.

I would host more often if I could figure out a better method of player retention, because a big strength of the game is the social experience imo.

I would consider hosting TFC as well, as, while more niche, it offers a more fleshed out game with more progression, which could lead to longer retention of a smaller number of players.
If you do, host with some other mods and use Minetweaker to balance the recipes. Vanilla TFC hits the same issue where you get to the top steels (maybe not even) and the game is so grindy that you get bored and quit.