Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 334154 times)

Do you have any specific examples of add-ons that give you errors when you download them? It should never happen. If it happens for all of them can you do this:

1) Open Blockland

2) Open the console and type:
Code: [Select]
$RTB::Debug = 2;
3) Close console and download an add-on, make sure the error happens.

4) Close Blockland, Send console.log to me (Either via forums or to my email)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:28:03 AM by Ephialtes »

Like when I was downloading the Medieval weapon pack 3, won't work.

1) Open Blockland

2) Open the console and type:
$RTB::Debug = 2;
3) Close console and download an add-on, make sure the error happens.

4) Close Blockland, Send console.log to me (Either via forums or to my email)

Try that.

whenever i have to download an add-on (and even when i don't) the newly downloaded zip overwrites what i've been using, so now i've got slate apocalypse (and can't even run it) without the slate pack, a fillcan i can't activate, etc

Try that.
Wait, it mysteriously started working again. But my main problem is downloading RTB mods from a server. It always gets stuck and it doesn't download the mod.

whenever i have to download an add-on (and even when i don't) the newly downloaded zip overwrites what i've been using, so now i've got slate apocalypse (and can't even run it) without the slate pack, a fillcan i can't activate, etc

Oop ok that's an issue. The only way I can see this happening is if you had a zip file which wasn't downloaded from RTB. Looks like there's going to have to be a v3.5 after all.

Would you prefer RTB downloaded the full add-on as opposed to the content only if you have the full add-on (but not from RTB), or would you want RTB to just skip that particular file? It seems to make sense to automatically sync it to RTB so you get the new versions automatically too.

Wait, it mysteriously started working again. But my main problem is downloading RTB mods from a server. It always gets stuck and it doesn't download the mod.

Next time it gets stuck, do this:

canvas.pushDialog(RTB_ModManager);
And click Transfers and take a picture.

Oop ok that's an issue. The only way I can see this happening is if you had a zip file which wasn't downloaded from RTB. Looks like there's going to have to be a v3.5 after all.

Would you prefer RTB downloaded the full add-on as opposed to the content only if you have the full add-on (but not from RTB), or would you want RTB to just skip that particular file? It seems to make sense to automatically sync it to RTB so you get the new versions automatically too.

Next time it gets stuck, do this:

canvas.pushDialog(RTB_ModManager);
And click Transfers and take a picture.
I would rather it not include the .cs files. I don't want doggy's civil protection face or thepwnmaster's ULTRA BRICK PACK 20000 BRICKS in my add-ons folder.

I would rather it not include the .cs files. I don't want doggy's civil protection face or thepwnmaster's ULTRA BRICK PACK 20000 BRICKS in my add-ons folder.

Like I said, it would only download the latest version of the full add-on if you already had an outdated/non-rtb version.

Like I said, it would only download the latest version of the full add-on if you already had an outdated/non-rtb version.
Wait, just to clarify, it would download basically over it? Or?

It would totally overwrite the pre-existing zip file of the same name.

It would totally overwrite the pre-existing zip file of the same name.
Ok, I am just learning to code a bit, and I take a look now and then at other examples, which sometimes leads to me editing them a bit to see how else they could potentially work. And I just needed to know if I would have to bring those files out of the Add-Ons folder, and store them somewhere else in-case of a potential RTB updated version of the select add-on.

Thanks again.

If you're editing or developing add-ons you should replace the zip with a folder of the same name. Torque treats zip files as folders and can't tell the difference between the two from script.

RTB won't overwrite folders.

If you're editing or developing add-ons you should replace the zip with a folder of the same name. Torque treats zip files as folders and can't tell the difference between the two from script.

RTB won't overwrite folders.
Ok, thanks. I guess that would make more sense.

Now that is something I should have known much sooner...

Also could i ask a question?When an add-on isnt uploaded to rtb server you download it manually by the person's Pc you connect to?Or to the servers that the servers hosts to?

Edit:Page 100 for sparta!!!