V18 Known Issues

Author Topic: V18 Known Issues  (Read 16812 times)

Blockland has a window in the center of the screen saying that its building cache database, then becomes unresponsive. I attached a console log

To everyone saying it's crashing as soon as you open it:
It is NOT crashing until you go apestuff from being impatient and smashing your mouse/keyboard in all attempts to get it to work. It is doing a lot of heavy work, just let it go through once. That's right. You only have to wait a long time ONCE. It's not frozen. It's just really busy, and can't be assed to listen to your repeated clicking and stuff. Windows is software, it doesn't know any better and thinks it crashed.
well maybe this is my case, sorry for not reading the thread

f3 was bound to player list before, now it opens the console and I'm not allowed to switch it back.

blockland won't respond
like when I try to start it, it just goes all black
EDIT: Now, it just says I'm in demo mode and it says Building Cache Data.

f3 was bound to player list before, now it opens the console and I'm not allowed to switch it back.
f2* ?

My friend can no longer even play. He keeps getting this pop up message when he runs it (He has a mac)

Quote from: Mister Cheese
"Blockland could not write to cache database.

Do not run the game directly from the mounted image"

What does this mean and how can it be fixed? Note that he is NOT running from the DMG. Also, is this something to do with cache.db being locked/read-only?

It only takes a long time if you have 1gb+ of crap in your add-ons folder like most old users due.  On a fresh install it takes like 5 seconds to rebuild the cache. 
It might be my weak processor, but it took more than 5 seconds on a fresh install for me.
I'd say more than a minute.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7huj33890k9ew19

Download that amazingly complex (<-- sarcasm) one line of code to make the escape key do what it used to do.
I kept disconnecting during loading when trying to cancel what I'm typing so I packaged that for auto-execution.

I get a C++ error loading BL.

I should post my console.log later.

Heh. Sorry about that stupidity in my last post. I thought it was a patch or something.