Terraria - 2D Minecraft More focused on RPG/Action, surprise 1.3 :^)

Author Topic: Terraria - 2D Minecraft More focused on RPG/Action, surprise 1.3 :^)  (Read 1280186 times)

ok so change of plans I'm going to try killing queen bee fist so I can get summoner stuff and hopefully a bee keeper before taking out the eater of worlds

Dont know how anyone can kill the moon lord solo, let alone in expert mode (yrimir is a god, just saying). I ened up having to cheese the god when i fought him solo. He is perfectly fine to fight if you have a second person, 1 who tanks the hits (beetle armor) and one who does the damage (shroomite armor+phantasm and holy arrows)

Dont know how anyone can kill the moon lord solo, let alone in expert mode (yrimir is a god, just saying). I ened up having to cheese the god when i fought him solo.
I actually solo'd him (in normal, anyways) and had a rather easy time compared to most other people. If you have nobody to tank for you, be the tank. I went at him in full offensive Beetle armor (so chainmail), hoverboard, fire gauntlets, obsidian shield, worm scarf (I went out of my way to start an expert world just so I could get this) and the celestial shell (nighttime for werewolf bonus), and just mashed the stuff out of him. Used an Influx Waver (god tier multi hitting beam), Solar Eruption (did most of the melee damage) and vampire knives to heal a little when he doesn't have the debuff on me.

I also had a damn good arena set up, multiple layers of platforms with heart statue spawners all over it. If you can, get a mount with unlimited flight (eg. UFO) and ditch the hoverboard for something more useful. You can still trigger pressure plates wired up to statues while in a mount too. I read somewhere that it's a good idea to set up a solid wall above you to cover under when he does the super-strong laser beam thingy. Also, the sword sharpener and the other buff furniture help quite a bit.

If you are STILL strugling, do the above, but replace melee accesories with ranged ones, get a Phantasm, get some ichor arrows, and promptly hold left click for 10 second while looking at each eye, and enjoy your 4000+ DPS.

EDIT: I forgot: Use all the potions. Endurance, ironskin, regen, hearthreach (if you are using statues), lifeforce, swiftness, wrath/rage, well fed, thorns and flask of ichor + weapon sharpener + ammo box + bewitching table (with the dragon, a summoning potion might be helpful too with it) are what I used.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:26:43 PM by SgtDaemon »

when my group did it we just got lucky enough that before the last of us would die fighting him, the other two would respawn afterwards, heal up and run over there to fight him.

me maxwell and bio just cheaped it seeing as it was nigh on impossible

and now we're just onto building cool things

Alright, so the Stardust Armor works pretty excellently against the Moon Lord. Probably the fastest way I have killed him. The downside is that the damage you take will require a couple of trips to the Nurse. In addition to the armor and summons I used my legendary Star Wrath.

Alright, so the Stardust Armor works pretty excellently against the Moon Lord. Probably the fastest way I have killed him. The downside is that the damage you take will require a couple of trips to the Nurse. In addition to the armor and summons I used my legendary Star Wrath.
also stardust armor gives you a loving stand so why the forget wouldnt you wear it at all times

I ran out of plating before I could round out the edges. :c I'm planning on adding a preservation deck, as well as another showcase deck. If anyone has martian plating they're holding on to for no particular reason, toss it my way pls <3

I tried to fight the Moon Lord by myself and He buttraped me in about .5
I'm using the spectre armor but I might switch to tank. Thoughts?

EDIT: Who wants to help me fight the Moon Lord on expert? My friend just left and I have serious doubts about soloing him.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:53:33 PM by Deus Ex »

slimy saddle is amazingg

slimy saddle is amazingg
that alien mount is best mount. it shoots lazer beams from its eyes.

that alien mount is best mount. it shoots lazer beams from its eyes.
i got that one on my old char its pretty sick

Started with a new character today. Haven't gotten to play the new update due to not being home...
I think I've fallen in love with marble and granite.

Started with a new character today. Haven't gotten to play the new update due to not being home...
I think I've fallen in love with marble and granite.

marble and granite are the prettiest building materials now
granite looks like it's just space and marble is so sleek and greek ha

ok so i've been playing expert mode (which is literally bullcrap we keep getting useless items in chests) and i was farming eaters for the free shadow armor, and then only one flew off the screen and got capped by a musket, which was apparently the scout because thE LUFTWAFFE DECIDED TO JOIN IN BECAUSE 7 OF THEM JUST APPEARED AND MUGGED ME
also i killed 250+ and never got the last piece :'^(

what should i add to my vault?

(click for full size)

what should i add to my vault?

(click for full size)
More storage and some sort of greenhouse type room.