bangarangzanga
17 (11.7%)
44 (30.3%)
awful
10 (6.9%)
wish it didnt exist
19 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Author Topic: Battlefield Megathread  (Read 505578 times)

I'm getting 404's for those beta pages.

400 hours?
TF2 got boring for me at 280

A date for you: September 29. That date is when the much-awaited open beta for Battlefield 3 will commence. It will run until October 10.

rofl i knew it wouldn't be the beta this week. way to push it to the end of september what a joke.

Battlefield 3 Official Twitter wrote:

Join the Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Beta on September 29th!

Its official everyone! The multi-player Open Beta for Battlefield 3 is out on September 29th!
This means early access on September 27th for all people who bought MoH LE or pre-ordered BF3 on Origin. The beta will end on October 10th.

For more info visit http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

The beta is on the multi-player rush mode map "OPERATION METRO".

EA wrote:
EA INVITES PLAYERS TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL ON SEPTEMBER 29 WITH THE BATTLEFIELD 3 MULTIPLAYER BETA

Advanced Frostbite 2 Engine, All-out Vehicle Warfare, Unrivaled Destruction and True Teamplay Deliver Epic Battles and Award-winning Gameplay in Battlefield 3

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - September 20, 2011 - DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that the Battlefield 3 multiplayer beta will open to all gamers on September 29, 2011. Players from around the world will have a chance to experience the game that industry critics have hailed as the 'Best Online Multiplayer Game' before it ships on October 25, 2011. The beta is set in Paris on the Operation Metro map, where players work their way from lush parks on the outskirts of the city to a dark, bombed-out metro station, to the vibrant streets around the Paris stock exchange. Two elite tactical units square off in the series' popular Rush Mode. One side takes the offensive by attacking M-COM stations while the opposing squad defends and protects. For more information about the beta, players should visit battlefield.com/beta or follow @Battlefield on Twitter.

The Battlefield 3 multiplayer beta will be available for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system and PC. Gamers who pre-order the digital PC version of the game at Origin (powered by EA) will be granted early access to the beta starting on September 27, 2011. In addition, all customers that pre-ordered a Limited Edition of Medal of Honor will also receive early access to the beta starting on September 27, 2011.
Gamers in the beta can also log onto Battlelog, the game's free social media network that allows gamers to communicate and compete with friends, track their stats and share their progress. Battlelog extends the in-game experience to be accessible anywhere, whether on a PC, console or handheld device.
Players are also invited to join the EA Gun Club for the latest shooter news, and to receive in-game benefits including access to the M1911 pistol and distinct badges in Battlefield 3. The M1911 pistol will also be available to registered Battlefield veterans.

Battlefield 3 is one the year's most anticipated games, having won over 50 illustrious awards at all of the gaming industry's major tradeshows. The game recently earned the coveted "Future Game Award" at the Tokyo Game Show, a prize that follows the honor of "Game of the Show" at GamesCom and "Action Game of the Show" at E3. Lauded by game critics for advancing the state of the art in gaming, Battlefield 3 is the only shooter that can deliver the physicality and emotion of being on the battlefield. It is thanks to the expertise of the development team at DICE and the power of the Frostbite 2 engine that Battlefield 3 delivers a massive sense of scale, best-in-class audio, completely destructible environments, hyper-real graphics and animation, and lets gamers pilot a whole range of vehicles from trucks and tanks to choppers and jets. Gamers that pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition will receive the Back to Karkand post-launch digital expansion pack at no extra charge.* This themed multiplayer pack features four highly celebrated maps from Battlefield 2, each now boldly re-mastered using Frostbite 2. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. Pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition now at store.origin.com/battlefield3.

Battlefield 3 hits retail stores on October 25, 2011 in North America. For more information on Battlefield 3, please visit battlefield.com, and for the latest news on Battlefield please visit facebook.com/battlefield or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/battlefield.

EA's Gun Club has revealed the veteran weapon for BF3. By joining the Gun Club, which is entirely free, you'll get access to the M1911 Pistol in Battlefield 3 Multiplayer. The pistol will also be available to all registered Battlefield veterans.

For more info visit http://gunclub.ea.com/us/intel/blog/battlefield3-weapon-unlock.

DICE has released the official System Requirements for the PC version of Battlefield 3.

Quote:
Minimum System Requirements
Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound card : DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:26:58 PM by Shell »

I have a 460, I'm a level below recommended :(

I don't even meet the minimum requirements.

My memory is too low and I'm using a 32-bit XP system.

Time to bug my dad into upgrading the computer big time.

First priority when making high graphics games should be making a low-graphics version so that more then 20% of computer users can play it.

I meet all the recommended requirements except I have a ATI Radeon HD 5700.

YES!

I just hit everything :D!

i hope it will have the G36C

:3

i hope it will have the G36C

:3
Trust me, it will.

Also, why DICE chose operation metro instead of 64 player conquest caspian border

zh1nt0 wrote: Stepping a bit further into development and closer to launch, this is a very good way for us to try out all the bits and pieces we have added in and changed since the Alpha.

The Alpha was very important from a server side of view. Now we´re in Beta. Not only does the server side need to be tested but also the complete game client.
What this means is that we pick one map:

Metro: We have already showed this map and made some big changes to it to enhance gameplay as well as get it more fluent than in the Alpha.

Lots of new things have been added in closer to launch. Our rank progression system as well as customizations have made their way into the beta and it´s very important for us to test these things before we launch.

That is the purpose of the Beta as well as combining it with Battlelog and all of the features there.

If you feel that this isn´t the right map for you, then perhaps we don´t really agree on what maps we want to see. Other than that, I do hope people will have a great time playing it and will enjoy the Beta.

I hope this might clarify for many of you out there why they chose this map and game type. Even though alot of us arent entirely too happy about it who were in the Alpha. They have made alot of changes and i cant wait to see what theyve done with the feedback from Alpha. This map will actually show us if they listened to alot of the feedback from people who saw legit problems with the layout and everything in general.

I personally like their choice, I get to see the changes since alpha.

Look at the recommended stats.
I hate games that do that stuff where you need a 3 grand rig to play recommended.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:48:53 PM by AgentPikmin »

I have a 460, I'm a level below recommended :(
No, a 460 is actually better than a 560. You're just one generation behind, performance-wise you're fine.
Look at the recommended stats.
I hate games that do that stuff where you need a 3 grand rig to play recommended.
Nothing surprising about the minimum/recommended tbh.
My rig was $350 (normally a bit more, was a deal on neweg) and its almost at recommended, i wouldve needed to buy a 560 instead of my 460. Dunno how you got 3 grand from those specs... people like you are the reason there are consoles.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:59:21 PM by Fredulus »