Author Topic: The Taking of Isar [Episode 3 of 3] [Mini-series]  (Read 23920 times)

Again, I think you just aren't the right kind of person who can appreciate non-comedy in machinima movies. I think I see now that "desperate to appear grown up" is just an offensive way of saying "it was too serious". Don't worry, there will always be plenty of comedy movies from other Blockland members for you to watch.

Again, I think you just aren't the right kind of person who can appreciate non-comedy in machinima movies. I think I see now that "desperate to appear grown up" is just an offensive way of saying "it was too serious". Don't worry, there will always be plenty of comedy movies from other Blockland members for you to watch.
I'm not comparing it to a Blockland movie

I don't care what you are comparing it to, that is what it is, there is no arguing that. And again, its fine, this genre isn't for everyone.

If you don't care what I'm comparing it to or why, then why do you give a toss about my rating?

Because it would be wrong of me to ignore any negative response and focus just on the positive. I take risks when I create movies like this due to the nature of their script and their dependence on the viewer to enjoy the style. Luckily, significantly more people have really enjoyed the story and are interested in what else I might do in the future, I'm quite taken back with the lack of negative comments at this stage. But there is always someone. Why else post if you don't want to have your opinion acknowledged?

Dismissing everything I say while "acknowledging my opinion" is way better than ignoring me, oh yeah!

You even told me to grow up. What the forget is this stuff?

I never dismissed anything you wrote. Please have the courtesy to pay attention.

OK, how about this;
"quality soundtracks, a drama script" does not make a movie

it really really doesn't

OK, how about this;
"quality soundtracks, a drama script" does not make a movie

it really really doesn't

I was listing aspects of the movie that may have given you the impression. Quit being so silly.

I like how you seemed to get better at video editing as you made this. It was pretty good overall, well done.

I couldn't agree less.

It uses quality soundtracks, a drama script as opposed to crude jokes that so many other Blockland movie creators opt for, and the format of an actual programme. I think you are just not used to a production that isn't comedy, as I don't quite understand what "appear grown-up" is meant to mean.

Perhaps its more that you just aren't the right person who can appreciate this kind of production. Maybe the growing up is on your part.
I'm not comparing it to a Blockland movie since it's
so desperate to appear grown-up
while still being a Blockland film with anything but the audio being pretty stuffty for a real film, making it look
downright ridiculous, like an adolescent straining to grow a whispery little moustache and bragging about how many girls he's fingered.

I'm saying it's stuffty for an actual film which it's so desperate to appear as.

That ending was amazing... much better when everything's put together. Glad I could be a part of the series before it was over c:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=169367.0

Thank you very much.

Second part of post:

Also:  If you wanna do me a huuuge favor, I would love to use Peggling City for my Picture Story Part 3.  You may know that I had my own city, and it was rather amazing, but it was lost when my computer went to the shop (along with all my other saves :c).  PM me with response or just post here.