Blatant Anti-Bronies

Author Topic: Blatant Anti-Bronies  (Read 54743 times)

Wouldn't you be at least a LITTLE disappointed when you open your little sons bedroom door and you find him playing Barbie with his sisters dolls, after you bought him a new soccer ball?
I would hope he would play a real sport like football or hockey, but I see what you are saying. :cookieMonster:

Wouldn't you be at least a LITTLE disappointed when you open your little sons bedroom door and you find him playing Barbie with his sisters dolls, after you bought him a new soccer ball?
forget no, gender roles are outdated and archaic. people shouldn't be forced to fit into certain molds based on whether they have a richard or a vagina
It teaches bad morals and behaviors that may be inappropriate for men.

Good enough?
why would any moral be inappropriate for men? not all guys fit the stereotypical mold for stuff guys do, and forcing people to act a certain way cause of their gender limits actual expression and regresses society to victorian era bullstuff
Do I really need to answer that? You already did with the bolded. Shouldn't guys do things guys do?
forget no. they're not hurting anyone by playing with barbies or ez-bake ovens or my little pony dolls, so let them. it doesn't affect you, and it doesn't hurt themselves, anyone else, or society. the sooner we realize that gender is not a binary and gender stereotypes are bullstuff, the sooner we can start to move forward in terms of gender in society

i agree with you, stuntman.
we can have an opinion on a tv show
gender does not matter.

But when that kid comes home from school and cuts himself for being different and being made fun of is cool? That's what happens.

**AHEM*

My Little Pony is aimed at girls from the ages 4-12 but I don't see what's wrong with someone outside of that age group or of a different gender liking it. The only thing I have a problem with is obsessive ones who stuff themselves if you say one thing negative about the show.

I don't care if people do not like it. But I just think it's a bit over the top with all the fighting, flaming, hatred, etc. Because of people liking a show. Now, I'm not saying all anti-bronies are like that. Just a small majority of them. It's only a franchise, after all, we're all acting crazy here. Both sides are equal, and both are at fault. Just. Let. It. Go.

But when that kid comes home from school and cuts himself for being different and being made fun of is cool? That's what happens.
homeschool
heard of it?
friends
heard of them?
most of the fans range from 18-35 as it is.

if people like you stopped forcing people to fit into typical standards of manliness or girliness, that would happen much less. is this your reaction every time someone bullies someone for being different? "oh, he's being bullied for being gay, it's his fault and he should suppress his homoloveuality"
not to mention that stuff can be dealt with on a case by case basis. if someone wants to be different, that's their right and i fully support them

Holy stuff buddy, you just flew off the rails. Liking a TV show has little or nothing to do with cutting yourself.

I do not make fun of people at school. Not an starfish. Me being the person being made fun of practically my whole life is enough. I was that kid, I know how it feels. If a kid is taught from birth not to have a raging boner about horses, he won't have to deal with that stuff.

I do not make fun of people at school. Not an starfish. Me being the person being made fun of practically my whole life is enough. I was that kid, I know how it feels. If a kid is taught from birth not to have a raging boner about horses, he won't have to deal with that stuff.
we don't all get "raging boners" from horses.

Holy stuff buddy, you just flew off the rails. Liking a TV show has little or nothing to do with cutting yourself.
Noedit: for being made fun of? Sounds like a legit reason

yet you support discriminating against people based against them watching a show for girls, as evidenced by your first post in this thread denouncing it and calling it gay. you don't make fun of people at school, only over the internet. newsflash: that still makes you an starfish. if you honestly support suppressing what a kid wants to play with or watch simply because it's not accepted by society for no good reason, you are just as bad as the people who cause those kids to cut themselves.

Things shouldn't be disallowed solely because a few intolerant people would bully them for it.
Plus if someone is that much of a pusillanimous individual that they cut themselves because someone says words to them, then they have larger problems.

...I don't see what's wrong with someone outside of that age group or of a different gender liking it...
Agreed. Must I remind everyone that a lot of you are adults, posting on a forum about a game based on a children's toy?

TO REITERATE: this is a quote of the exact post he made
Bronies are gay. Lets watch a show aimed at 10 year-old girls. loving gay. Its furry and its loving dumb, go forget yourself bronies.
and he's trying to act like he's the victim here