Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1620563 times)

I would hate to be boss on one of though 27 28 player rushes...So I propose an idea....

If the normals player count reaches 25 or above, a second boss is added.
The health of the two is split, and a small health regeneration code is activated. Healing maybe 1% every minute or so.
To win, you would have to kill two bosses. The stats can be tweaked, and such.

It sounds like a good balance for the boss and a large amount of normals.

I would hate to be boss on one of though 27 28 player rushes...So I propose an idea....

If the normals player count reaches 25 or above, a second boss is added.
The health of the two is split, and a small health regeneration code is activated. Healing maybe 1% every minute or so.
To win, you would have to kill two bosses. The stats can be tweaked, and such.

It sounds like a good balance for the boss and a large amount of normals.
25 players is easily beatable, the server was designed for high playercounts

Yeah and the HP of the Boss is balanced with the number of players.

Yeah and the HP of the Boss is balanced with the number of players.
Does anyone know the exact formula?

Does anyone know the exact formula?

For every crybaby/whiner on Normals, Boss HP = ^5

I would like to have a fun time on this, I really would. But the fact that administration lets people...how do I say this without causing a scene..."not try" is annoying.
I stop by to check things out and have fun, but then bam. I'm left fighting William with no one to help all because they're to busy chatting up a storm in that castle.

Its not the same Boss battles experience like it was back in pseudo 21.

I would like to have a fun time on this, I really would. But the fact that administration lets people...how do I say this without causing a scene..."not try" is annoying.
I stop by to check things out and have fun, but then bam. I'm left fighting William with no one to help all because they're to busy chatting up a storm in that castle.

Its not the same Boss battles experience like it was back in pseudo 21.
I have given some consideration to kicking people who aren't doing anything for their team for not being helpful, then when they inevitably come back wanting a codified definition for "being helpful," banning them for being twats.

That sounds like a good idea. Any regular would know exactly who they're.
I'm not giving out any names but surprisingly two of them are In Game admins.

Here's there process.

Step 1: Pick Firebug.
Step 2: spawn as quickly as possible and give no regards to fellow players, followed by jetting at the speed of sound and carrying out some bullstuff conversation.
Step 3: Hide.
Step 4: Wait until almost everyone is dead, go to the boss and then "play" with him by dancing on the point with it.
Step 5: Boss steps of point and players are forced to wait until either the timer counts down, or said idiot dies.

That's incredibly annoying, I would do something about it but, there's no way in high hell I'd ever consider admin, as I'm sure Pecon already hates me because I said I would give a user the William sword. I didn't rip it, nor have I attempted.

That sounds like a good idea. Any regular would know exactly who they're.
i'm not sure this is really valid usage of the 'they are' contraction...

also, they're flat out holding up thte game. I think that's bannable?
I have given some consideration to kicking people who aren't doing anything for their team for not being helpful, then when they inevitably come back wanting a codified definition for "being helpful," banning them for being twats.
not participating in actual gameplay and being offensive or tactically defensive against the boss

sitting on one's ass and having a conversation unrelated to the game at hand is bannable for sure.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:20:12 PM by Lugnut »

That's literally what happened last week one morning.
Ofc, lets not say that sitting there is not playing. I mean a constructor's job is to place his sentry/help his team is it not? That's doing something. But hiding during a tough boss when all hands are needed is just plain stupid.

even a defensive maneuver in the castle is stupid except for being bait as the boss can probably wipe out the lot of them in one strike...

depends on the boss, of course.

I think when there are more than 20 players, the time should add by like 30 seconds per player (or less, or more) (More than 20 players, so like, subtract 19 and add the remaining players for adding 30 seconds per player)

I think when there are more than 20 players, the time should add by like 30 seconds per player (or less, or more) (More than 20 players, so like, subtract 19 and add the remaining players for adding 30 seconds per player)

Way too long, people want to play