Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140853 times)

Sure, I might remake it after I release the terrain generator. What road bricks would y'all like to see included? Like 8x single lanes, 32x roads and 1/4 through full-scale height versions of both?

Update: The ModTer Terrain Generator is now working! I will post more pictures later as I apply it to the other terrain layers and biomes.
sure do whatever your planning to, and boy can't wait to see more of that generator

hey gsf

turke hates you for some reason

just lettin ya know

Congrats on getting your terrain blocks default!

Congrats on getting your terrain blocks default!

hey gsf

turke hates you for some reason

just lettin ya know
That's okay, many people hate me lol.

As much as I have my problems with GSF terrain, I am pretty excited for a Terrain Generator (assuming it works good)

I know Minecraft and Blockland are much different games and don't have much business being compared, but they are sandbox games.  And the only thing Minecraft has that I wish Blockland did is terrain generation that can be explored and interacted with.

Edit: A suggestion if you haven't already considered it/done it.  Could you make it so you can set a pref to turn off biomes?  Most things I (and a lot of people) have built only function in one biome.
Sure; I've already included options to use single biomes, overlap various biomes or disable them altogether. What would y'all like to be default though when biomes are disabled?

That's okay, many people hate me lol.
Sure; I've already included options to use single biomes, overlap various biomes or disable them altogether. What would y'all like to be default though when biomes are disabled?

Plains?

I agree with evar, plains would be good for the default setting.

Congratulations!
Thank you :)

Plains?
I agree with evar, plains would be good for the default setting.
That's a good idea, plains it is. I'll make it so that you can set how deep you want the ground to be as well.

What about selectable biome sizes?

Plains are good :)

You know what'd be even cooler?  When biomes are off you can pick the "Grass" color and the "terrain color" ect.

What about possible cave generation? This can help set the mood for certain medieval RP's, or if so,Rome planned on making a horrible Minecraft server, that would help. And island generator, similar to the Landscape Generator hopefully. Sorry about my grammar, I'm sick and tired. Anyways I'm really looking forward to this generator, hopefully with islands! Good job!

Awesome Terrain Generation - cool stuff!

Awesome Terrain Generation - cool stuff!
What about possible cave generation? This can help set the mood for certain medieval RP's, or if so,Rome planned on making a horrible Minecraft server, that would help. And island generator, similar to the Landscape Generator hopefully. Sorry about my grammar, I'm sick and tired. Anyways I'm really looking forward to this generator, hopefully with islands! Good job!
Thanks! And caves are already included; the caves I have now don't require adding more noise algorithms, but I could add Minecraft-esque caves later on.

Plains are good :)

You know what'd be even cooler?  When biomes are off you can pick the "Grass" color and the "terrain color" ect.
I will definitely try to include options for using custom print colors for the terrain, biomes/plains, etc.

What about selectable biome sizes?
Already included :)

Update: Plate-Capping option, Plains and Floating Islands have been included!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:55:44 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I'll try to have the ModTer generator close to that.

chunk generator and moTer generator pack separate complete or what?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:26:09 PM by Cubelands »

Everything looks beautiful. Hopefully you can make a script that saves a chunk as a .bls and then loads it when the player enters an adjacent chunk or somewhere farther and then saves chunks as .bls when a player gets too far away. That would help with brick count and such. I am still looking forward to islands as well, but keep up the good work!