GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143437 times)

Later on you should remake that hexagon terrain pack
it looks so cool

Hey lordician,
There will definitely be an option for using ModTer with the generator. I posted some pics of it working a few pages back.
Ah i see, i checked back and indeed.
That's pretty cool. :)

Can't wait to see the result.

not forget this
-pic-
You will be able to choose any bricks you want to be generated in the GUI; I just used the decor pack to test it.

Later on you should remake that hexagon terrain pack
it looks so cool
Yeah, the only problem was that some adjacent brick edges didn't align properly, even though the brick was set up correctly.

Ah i see, i checked back and indeed.
That's pretty cool. :)

Can't wait to see the result.

Great, though the change of biome is quite sudden and a snow biome right next to a desert one is quite strange to be honest. :P
Also, so far it's great, underground caverns and hills in the 'overworld', however, are there like caverns that connect the underground with the outside?
Of course people can make those themselves by editing the terrain, but it might be interesting to look at if you haven't already. :)

Yeah, :/ I can't really do anything about that due to how biomes are handled, but there will most likely be options to offset the biomes to prevent this from occurring. And I haven't included tunnels/caverns as of yet; right now I just want to polish and release what I have done, then I can update it in stages. Including everything I was planning to all at once has become a very ambitious task.

I can't wait for you to release the ModTer adder, I will be creating a custom loading format using Jettison and some other fancy stuff, so that my terrain programs will all be sharing the same type of files. The loader for Torque will use your wonderful ModTer adder thingy.

Wow this looks great so far, great job!

Wow this looks great so far, great job!
Thanks!

I can't wait for you to release the ModTer adder, I will be creating a custom loading format using Jettison and some other fancy stuff, so that my terrain programs will all be sharing the same type of files. The loader for Torque will use your wonderful ModTer adder thingy.
That should be interesting, also I sent the script via PM.

The terrain generator is basically done! I just need to set up the GUI and beta-test it. Afterward, it'll be released.

The Modular Terrain overlay script has been finalized and has been applied to caves and floating islands as well. Biomes are now fully customizable, in which you will be able to choose the color and print of the terrain, detail bricks to be generated, colors and prints of the detail bricks, and the color and print of water bricks within a biome. When using ModTer, boundaries, clouds and water bricks will automatically use prints (if enabled).

That what I talk about!

I can't wait for this! I am so excitied!

ModTer, boundaries, clouds and water bricks will automatically use prints (if enabled).
YES! my fav!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:27:16 AM by Furling² »

Will there be Easter Eggs hidden under the ter-

Wait it that possible?
Probably not.

Can't wait for the big launch

GSF bunshed up all his code
I think i've been spreading it out for now 1/2 an hour.

If anyone wants to know how long GSF's fully expanded code is
it's 702 lines.

I'm currently working on the GUI; I'm almost ready for beta-testing. Here are some pics of the finalized Modular Terrain overlay script:

I can be beta tester or not?