Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341710 times)

the water could be transparent with a tiled bottom matching its biome
that way you could add some neat depth to it and details later on like coral/sunken ships/fish/treasure that you can't get

I've been experimenting with different looks for the water, so far nothing I'm too fond of.

I do have it transparent at the moment though.

Special new awesome feature for the overworld, futurama characters attached to the walls!

Actually this is a new system I made to render smaller details in the overworld quicker.

Sadly it lacks the destructibility of the dungeon walls currently, however this is necessary to keep the framerate decent.

This new system also allows for a lot more variety of smaller details for the world, so that's exciting.

I made it so your player shows up as a little blue shadow blob thing when you're behind walls so it's easier to keep track of yourself.

Edit: A little clearer example since I chose poor colors for that gif:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:55:57 PM by Rotondo »

Sweet, that's pretty handy.

that grass texture looks a bit too noisy

i agree, in my opinion i would tone down the saturation on it just to make it blend together a little nicer.

that blue reminds me of the underground sections in super mario sunshine

hey arch linux friends this game works on non-amd GPUs (or if your not using the amdgpu driver)

the water looks decent, but the blue on it is horrible

i'd say either change it to some more appealing blue, or if possible, a sort of gradient (lighter and greenish-er at the top, darker and purplish-er at the bottom)

The textures are just the normal dungeon textures slightly re-worked.

These will change over time once the final overworld themes are figured out.

the water looks decent, but the blue on it is horrible

i'd say either change it to some more appealing blue, or if possible, a sort of gradient (lighter and greenish-er at the top, darker and purplish-er at the bottom)

The water is actually just placeholder for now, but surprisingly most people are ok with it besides the color.

A part of me wants to make a nice reflected skyline in the water, as well as a few other fun effects.

The other part of me thinks he should be finishing the game.

So yeah, at least the water color is going to change. If not a better texture/gradient, thanks for the feedback.

Things are going well with the update, nothing too new to show besides a few changes to walls and things.

One thing I've been thinking about a lot lately is the progression in the game.

I was wondering if you guys could suggest any games that have a similar roguelike feel that have great progression in them.

Things like leveling up, unlocking stuff, or even just the want to keep playing to see more.

The main way I was thinking of the game was basically spelunky + Zelda, but now I'm thinking I should branch out and see how other games older/newer tackle some things.

So yeah if you have any suggestions for games I should check out, or suggestions/ideas in general I'd love to hear them.

Ancient Domains of Mystery has tons of RPG elements crammed into it. May be worth a look.

Is there any extended gameplay footage of this game that's up-to-date? I'm going to buy this eventually, but I'm just interested in seeing what it looks like right now.

runestone keeper does a really good job of progressing without going too quickly to get impossible, but not so slowly you don't have to make an effort to strategize and plan your play through. may not be really applicable here though since its very turn based

one thing is that its very consistent and distinct what you're leveling up, and there isnt any one perfect approach. in addition, max health isnt level based but rather picking up health items when health is full to get max health increase. as a result leveling up let players pick between increased damage or increased health item effectiveness

make trees and vegetation then ill buy

chrono trigger is p good game you know haha
also you know what we need, a really powerful screen attack/screen nuke
also a weapon that lets you deal more damage depending on how much health you have left
less health=more damage     more health=less/normal damage