Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341663 times)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I've been playing a lot of different games lately to get a feel for what I want to do.

Is there any extended gameplay footage of this game that's up-to-date? I'm going to buy this eventually, but I'm just interested in seeing what it looks like right now.

At this point all the let's plays are pretty out of date sadly.

I'll most likely put some new footage together after the overworld update.

I took a break from working on the overworld for a bit and made a push block.

I'm surprised I haven't made this sooner to be honest.

Also ignore the odd graphics, I was on lowest quality testing things.

out of curiosity, what does the push block do when a person/ai is in front of it?

out of curiosity, what does the push block do when a person/ai is in front of it?
Yeah, can you squish other players or is that not a thing

Yeah, can you squish other players or is that not a thing

Right now the plan is for it to just not push when blocked by a player, possibly play a "blocked" sound.

I might make it squish monsters depending on how difficult that is.

I might make it squish monsters depending on how difficult that is.
that would look hilarious if you had them just explode upon getting crushed

i would love to see a voxel block explosion when enemies are crushed

there needs to be magic that turns you into a cardboard cutout. as a cutout you are super flat and can slip between pushable blocks for a safe haven

This is very satisfying, happy I got this to work.

Timing is still a bit off, but it's fun to crush enemies/objects like this.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:05:50 PM by Masterlegodude »

>may 2016

nah im messin with u. i like where the game is

Just curious, do you have a general time frame for when you're going to start contacting your backers about rewards?

More importantly, do you have an estimate for when the game will be available on Steam?

Just curious, do you have a general time frame for when you're going to start contacting your backers about rewards?

More importantly, do you have an estimate for when the game will be available on Steam?

I'm hoping to get that in motion after the October update, I'm planning on adding a small playground area to give people an idea of what's possible which will aid with reward ideas.

I'm hoping early next year. Ideally I'd have the game complete and in final testing around December.

So I went to steam dev days with Badspot again this year.

It was a lot of fun, I even got sick! yay...

Anyway, some of the textures and sprites here are placeholder but I got dungeon entrances loading up in the overworld:

Now I just need to add a spoopy castle in the center, some random caves for players to enter and I totes have a game.

Anyway, some of the textures and sprites here are placeholder but I got dungeon entrances loading up in the overworld:

-snip-

Now I just need to add a spoopy castle in the center, some random caves for players to enter and I totes have a game.
did u and badspot share hotels and beds ;)
how rough is badspot in bed
does he wear his pink underwear after love

This is such a common thing, people should just be given them at the entrance

Why hasn't this been done yet, actually?