Author Topic: Cohort - oink  (Read 90908 times)

can i be the official representative of the bay area?!

I live in the Bay Area too...

I live in the Bay Area too...
say whaaaaat no way

do you live in san fran?

No, across the bay in Oakland.

no stuff dude

i'm literally a stones throw from you

If any of you live in those areas, I could be interested in a (strictly professional) meeting.

By strictly professional you mean what?

Aaand in my defense: I consider it my duty to monitor the quality of the Eastern European alcohol. That's the one thing that Eastern Europe is famous for! I have to make sure everything corresponds to the expectations.

This

YOU LORDY! move your ass and finish your epicness on Utopia, i pmd you the pass ;P

I would also like Leo (when he got the opportunity) to check out this rather old app of Evan's: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=236114.0

Took some nice screenshots~

the last picture is epic!

Thinking about making it into a treasure hunt or a "Who Killed -?" sort of adventure-themed map. If I did do the killer/mystery type story, I could make it so that the players would have to ask families/community members/shopkeepers questions that all lead towards a central conflict. I would expand it if I did decide to go through with that idea by possibly making one huge island with the archipelago as sort of a side-plot.

I like the island theme though, so boats would be the only way of traveling to islands in the possibly shark-infested waters.

I'm not sure, but I have a lot of ideas on what to do with it besides making it just a build/app.

It gives off a mysterious aura, and that's what I like about it.

By the way Leo, if you see this, what is your verdict?

I'm using my city-hall build as an application. If you want to see it in-game, I have an updated version.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=236260.0

Oh dear. Sorry I'm late, but I've been busy lately (strictly professional stuff of course, no partying involved!). I thought I already wrote a response to Evan's app, but I guess I forgot to post it and it got lost. Arghh! I guess I have to rewrite it then...

inb4 realizes you posted it on facebook instead

inb4 realizes you posted it on facebook instead
lol. That'd be fun. Noone would understand what the hell is going on.

In response to Evan's app:

I feel like Sleven and Lordy summed it up pretty well. The build itself is very nice. You pulled of the terrain pretty well, and the houses don't look too bad either. Also, the build got a certain "feel" to it, which is a good thing. Some builds just look pretty, but that's it. I always like it when you can use the build for roleplaying / tdm'ing / exploration / whatever. I can imagine this build could be used for several different things.

But when you take a closer look, you see that the build has some flaws. The terrain is too layered and not integrated well enough into the buildings. The terrain looks a bit artificial around the houses, since it is completely flat.

The buildings themselves are well built, but a little bit too simple. If you're gonna build houses this small, you should try to add some details here and there to spice things up. There's nothing wrong with simple shapes (see my castle and Sylvanors city) but it works best with large builds.

Finally, the entire thing feels too cramped. You should've given the buildings a little bit more space to unfold themselves. Right now it looks a little bit unnatural; who in their right mind would decide to put a house on a 50m2 island? People usually seek bigger pieces of land for their homes.

All in all, I feel like this is a solid build. But it could've been much better. I know you can do better than this.

Please get a look at Custard App!