Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165403 times)

New update:

Now it's possible to remotely access the control panel screen and inventory when the ship/station is in your antenna range. Antenna relay is taken into account. Press open control panel screen to see it (combo box at the top), or press SHIFT+K. New ‘Button Panel’ allows you to assign actions to the panel (like with astronaut toolbar) and then execute these actions by simply pressing the corresponding button on the model in game.
We also added more glass parameters and modding support for custom projectiles, debris models, asteroid materials and armor edges. Last but not least HUD voices are here to warn you of meteor showers, low energy/health, etc.

Features
- Remote terminal access
- Button panel for ships/stations
- HUD voice alerts (low energy/health warnings)
- Extended modding support: custom projectiles, debris models, asteroid materials, armor edges
- Improved glass rendering and modding (more parameters, smoothness, custom texture, color...)

Guide for transparent materials: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300427203

Fixes
- fixed autosave on dedicated servers (few days ago in 042 hotfix)
- fixed custom transparent material crashing the game
- fixed impossibility to remove and delete mods in some cases
- fixed blast door corner inverted collisions
- fixed pistons disconnecting when ship/station is split in two
- fixed turrets ignoring decoy blocks
- fixed roosterpit hot-bar names not displaying correctly
- fixed small ship blast doors preventing placing of other blocks nearby
- fixed texture of curved conveyor tube
- fixed sharing with factions
- fixed surface difficult to walk on
- fixed dedicated server not creating a world if one is specified in the config
- fixed missile launcher self-explosions
- fixed floating objects slowdown
- fixed wrong saved game timestamp
- fixed a crash while creating a control panel
- fixed uranium ingot not traveling through conveyor system
- fixed crash after placing custom block
- fixed crash after deleting gravity generator
- fixed small thrusters damage area
- fixed spelling mistake when server connection was not available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD5RFICNJvI#t=244

what are hud voices?

says that you'll hear a voice when your energy is low and health warnings. havent heard it yet but im guessin its an AI voice, or its gonna be like World of Warcraft, if you've played that. MY MANA IS TOO LOOOW I CANT REACH THAT TARGET

God damn it a year until it comes to PS4.

They say it's cause the XBONE's technology/code is already close to what they're using. Also, I feel like PS4 is gonna be lucky because in a year development's going to be done and everything's gonna be gr8.

My refineries keeps turning Nickel and other non-Iron ores into Iron ingots.

Please stop using my early access money to make a console version, Keen Software House.
This game was a gift by A Leprechaun lol. Though I would be angry if I spent money on it.

Please stop using my early access money to make a console version, Keen Software House.
This game was a gift by A Leprechaun lol. Though I would be angry if I spent money on it.
I've personally already gotten my entertainment value for the sale price I bought it at. Not angry at all.

If you buy early access, you're taking a risk, which is why its smart to buy something that's already fun in its current form.

I've personally already gotten my entertainment value for the sale price I bought it at. Not angry at all.

If you buy early access, you're taking a risk, which is why its smart to buy something that's already fun in its current form.

I love how people are complaining about things like PC development being affected by xbox development even after he made that blogpost.

spherical gravity generator
Now we need planets. For the love of god dev team, please add planets.

yeah. Spherical gravity generators mainly useful for asteroids or some cool decorations. LOD, level of detail, is now supported for mods to help with performance. Mechanisms work a bit better in multiplayer and won't explode as much. New armor textures. More respawn ships. Ship saving so you can make your own respawn ships now.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsfh9CJdCgs#t=122

Here's the blog post http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=7047855

Summary
Spherical gravity generator has been added in Space Engineers, as well as new respawn ships and support for modding them. Many multiplayer synchronization issues have been fixed, including rotor, piston and landing gear problems. Also performance has been increased significantly in certain situations.

Features
- spherical gravity generator
- pre-fab and respawn ship modding
- new world setting for dedicated server - autosave interval
- more respawn ships
- high quality armor textures (on 64-bit version)
- export ship/station as prefab (in F11 screen)

Fixes
- improved piston and landing gear stability
- fixed piston, rotor and landing gear exploding in MP
- fixed large performance issue caused by asteroids
- fixed too large piston collision model
- fixed issue when loose blocks loosing ownership
- fixed death in survival disables chat window
- fixed toolbar not remembering functions from attachments
- fixed hot-keyed groups reset when using merge blocks
- fixed wrong value in Steam-ID on dedicated server
- fixed problems with character mods deforming hands or legs of astronaut
- fixed graphical glitch when doors were inside other blocks
- fixed inertia not preserved when block was unmerged

Planets is deffinitely a cool idea, but seems very impractical to create without using an instance based system or something like that, but the devs are wizzards and can probably add that. If anything that won't happen until way later... or next week since the devs are also wizzards in the sense that they are unpredictable as fack.

Though what I would love to see more than anything is an open universe type official server where we would all spawn at a planet and eventually build some sort of deep space travel like a warp drive or wormhole or magic, and be able to travel to other random uninhabited planets where you could eventually find other people.

Seems like a cool way to add some sort of purpose in the game.

Although the devs did say the technology used ingame would be something we would expect to have at a specific year in the future, so deep space travel might be out of the picture.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:53:20 AM by LoLBert »

Ill say it once and Ill say it again

this game is really going places

This is how an indie early-access game should be. Constantly updating with really neat features and fixes. Listening to the community. Expanding features as much as reasonable.

This is how an indie early-access game should be. Constantly updating with really neat features and fixes. Listening to the community. Expanding features as much as reasonable.
Yeah, I also like how they're making any gamechanging updates toggleable. Don't want thruster damage? Turn it off. You can have the game as realistic or unrealistic as you want, for the most part.