[Blender] New DTS plugin

Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 131271 times)

The add-on crashes on DtsShape.py line 120 in the guard that asserts that "self.sequence == self.read8()" when importing the file Blockland/base/data/shapes/Sharp_Trees/Trees/Scrub_Pines/Sharp_ScrubPine04.dts.

wait since ozmar was able to edit the mutalid mesh without rerigging it (im assuming you didn't) does that mean we can do the same with m.dts?

wait since ozmar was able to edit the mutalid mesh without rerigging it (im assuming you didn't) does that mean we can do the same with m.dts?
All the animations broke for the playertype, so you do have to rerig it. However, the animations for the mount points were not broken.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:44:55 PM by OzmarBlock »

yes

So this just happened: I imported the default player model into Blender, moved one of the vertices of the head and exported it again.

Note: I'm sitting down and holding a printer. It looks just fine.
The exported model works just fine with the default DSQ animation files.

I did a thing!

Now only if I knew how I could export animations...

That flower will give me nightmares

What does the tree look like in Blender?

What does the tree look like in Blender?

The outliner?

I used Mr. Noßody's hat pack as a base to see how I could make my own hats. When I import and then export directly from the dts file, it works just fine. However, I made my own model and now it doesn't work.

Hm, I did something like this:

I created armatures, and then I deleted the bones, it seems to work pretty good

Hm, I did something like this:

I created armatures, and then I deleted the bones, it seems to work pretty good
-snip-
Oh, okay. I might try that out and see how it works.

When I import and then export directly from the dts file, it works just fine. However, I made my own model and now it doesn't work.

The importer creates a text block named NodeOrder so that any re-exported model works fine with existing DSQ files. If you're going to start making a new model after importing something, press Ctrl+N or delete the text block first.

If you're going to start making a new model after importing something, press Ctrl+N or delete the text block first.
So I edited the text block and now it seems to be working. Before, I did not know what a text block was because I never did anything with them before. I should have done some research. xD

Here's the result:

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:30:51 PM by OzmarBlock »

im gonna repost this here

so i came up with this idea that could revolutionize the way we make Add-ons

basically now that port made the dsq exporter, can we create custom dsq animations for players? like if I made a dsq of the player moving it's hand in front of their self and I put it inside the add-on, could I have it play a thread that's mounted with the add-on?