Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 294786 times)

Have you relooked at decals at all?  Sorry I don't mean to be naggy I just would really like to upload them haha
They're in Cosmetics

Could you make it so while we are reviewing an add-on if we click the title it brings us to the add-on page?

So if I clicked "Toggle Links" it would bring me to https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=382

Also maybe it's just me but I can't approve (haven't tried to deny because they're his) any of the reclaimed add-ons. The yes check box makes the page reload but doesn't seem to do anything.

Could you make it so while we are reviewing an add-on if we click the title it brings us to the add-on page?

So if I clicked "Toggle Links" it would bring me to https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=382

Also maybe it's just me but I can't approve (haven't tried to deny because they're his) any of the reclaimed add-ons. The yes check box makes the page reload but doesn't seem to do anything.
I'll add that. What browser are you using?

Something that has happened to me for about a year now is that if new folders need to be created it gives a ResManager error and doesnt create the folder(s) and obviously not the file. Luckily I have been playing for a few years on the same installation folder so I have accumulated a lot of necessary folders for popular mods and create new ones. But still gg badspot for not fixing a crippling bug even though I have reported it multiple times and it happens to others too.
I wonder if there's a function to create a folder? I'll see if I can find anything.

Have you relooked at decals at all?  Sorry I don't mean to be naggy I just would really like to upload them haha
I haven't yet, sorry. I'll take a look soon.

I'm a bit tied up over the next two weeks as I'm moving across the country, so there's not going to be much work accomplished over that time. There is some stuff I've been working pretty hard on that I'll be sharing at Blockoworld, so if you can come to that, it may be worth your time.

I'll add that. What browser are you using?
Firefox 47.0.1

There is a bug with the server preferences on Blockland glass where I can't scroll on the topics of the preferences (like what Addons), but I can in the options of the topic.

Does this have to do with anything of the RTB server preferences I'm using?

There is a bug with the server preferences on Blockland glass where I can't scroll on the topics of the preferences (like what Addons), but I can in the options of the topic.

Does this have to do with anything of the RTB server preferences I'm using?
same

does any significant amount of people actually use this?
I remember RTB having something like 60% usage, which is amazing to think that 60% of servers had RTB, making those who didn't the minority.

I imagine something like .05% of servers run this hot pile of garbage.

Depending on the time of day, 20-30% of users. Servers, probably less as there's no real reason to be running it on a server as of now since RTB is already so prominent for preferences. I don't actively track the server percentage but I do check the client percentage occasionally, it peaked at 50% once.

Can you elaborate on the "hot pile of garbage" point? Thanks.

I imagine something like .05% of servers run this hot pile of garbage.

Your servers can be put into this same category, not sure why you're flaming him/his mod. Anyways, 20-30% isn't bad at all.

Your servers can be put into this same category
wow

Not to mention that Glass has been around for a much smaller amount of time. RTB was already known and established before the release of retail and had many years of widespread support. The community used to be much more centralized and the forums were much more active, which has drifted since the Steam release and fall of RTB. Many users were only drawn to it for IRC and later chat. So honestly, the adoption we have now is actually something to be very proud of.

Please, in the future take your snide remarks elsewhere. I'd love constructive criticism, I really do want to deliver a good product. I understand that GUI design isn't my forte, and I'd love for someone who's better at this to join the team, but until then, I don't think it looks half bad. I understand that Glass faces a lot of bugs, but I also pump out content at a rate much much faster than RTB did and I receive little to no feedback on the betas that I release. As much as I'd love bugs to be reported during my betas, they aren't. I really don't actively play Blockland, so it's difficult for me to catch a lot of niche bugs on my own, but I've been part of this community since I was 10, so I'd really like to see this game prosper and move on. Preferences and Updates aren't as stable as I'd like them to be, but I'm trying to take a responsible approach by using community made standards instead of the black-curtain development practices of RTB. And the system works other than relatively small bugs. I take user suggestion and request very seriously and I believe I have a very interactive development process. I'm trying to develop a service that can live on even if I cease to develop it.

This is just more of a general message. I've seen various snide remarks or offhanded insults around the forums, and I'd just rather those come straight to me in the form of suggestion or bug reports as opposed to vague attacks that discourage the entire project. I understand the condescending nature of BLF, but still, filling the void left by RTB is inevitably helping the community, so why not be constructive instead of an asshat?

could you add an option to disable the Mod Manager pop-up? it doesn't disappear unless I open the GUI, which can be annoying since it partially covers the Select and Launch Game buttons when starting a server. also, I'm having troubles scrolling down on the Activity page of the Mod Manager. scrolling and clicking on the scrollbar does nothing on that page for me

You can right click on the notification to remove it, and it automatically goes away when you connect to a game. Only thing I'd change is maybe make it go away if you click "Start Game" from the main menu as it is on top of the start button.

And Jincux I wouldn't listen to Tezuni you're doing a really great job with all of this and progressing super fast, he's just being mean for no reason.

please:

could you add an option to disable the Mod Manager pop-up?

I also have this issue, same with the Activity page scrolling that I mentioned earlier