How do we force darkness on people without shaders?

Poll

Would you be able to run Blockland if shaders forced minimum?

Yes
79 (87.8%)
No
11 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: How do we force darkness on people without shaders?  (Read 29101 times)

Isn't that more of a downgrade?
Torque 3D is much more newer than the heavily modified version of TGE we are currently using.

We would gain a lot and the game would be much more optimized, and since their pretty similar porting is not as bad compared to switching to a completely different engine.

We would also lose the octTree system completely, it would likely need to be rewritten to a large extent.

It's been discussed so many times before, we know that 'upgrading' to a new engine will never happen because it's a huge amount of work. It would basically be making the game over again to a large extent.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:41:43 AM by FelipeO_O »

I think fog is rendered differently now.

What about a constant vignette effect? Would that work?

What about a constant vignette effect? Would that work?
This can be counteracted on the client side.

Let's just pretend that 1/10 people actually know how to counter client stuff and I can easily just ban those people as soon as I figure it out.

If minimum is forced it will make building more annoying. I turn shaders off while building because it makes coloring easier. Cause y'know, you can actually see the color properly.

I just want it forced for gamemodes. Not freebuilding.

Let's just pretend that 1/10 people actually know how to counter client stuff and I can easily just ban those people as soon as I figure it out.

Neither statements are correct.

1. Blank out the vignette file
2. Impossible to ban all of them

Pretty much noone. Everyone can run minimum.
My laptop literally cannot run minimum. It doesn't have the capability to do so, it just won't let me set that setting.

We would also lose the octTree system completely

If you don't mind, what is an octTree? Is it vital for add-ons, or the whole game in general?

If you don't mind, what is an octTree? Is it vital for add-ons, or the whole game in general?
The whole game, it makes it so that you don't lag to hell by not loading bricks you can't see basically

the octagoon tree

The whole game, it makes it so that you don't lag to hell by not loading bricks you can't see basically

Thanks.

the octagoon tree

[sarcasm]Thanks.[/sarcasm]

Neither statements are correct.

1. Blank out the vignette file
2. Impossible to ban all of them

I don't believe that a stuff ton of people know how to counter client add-ons.