5 (14.3%)
Nobushi
3 (8.6%)
Orochi
1 (2.9%)
Shugoki
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: For Honor thread [OUT NOW!]  (Read 48395 times)

<p2w microtransaction BS
<peer-to-peer servers
<$60.00 right off the bat

Very disappointing. Was really looking forward to this too.

<p2w microtransaction BS
<peer-to-peer servers

P2w? Hardly. Especially with the incredibly popular gamemodes lacking gear stats and being skill only. -Not to mention you can't buy levels, only crates that have a random chance of dropping good gear.
As for P2P - I mean, one, they aren't using peer-to-peer, they're using a different type of server connection, that when it comes to networking? works pretty fine. the only issue is disconnecting.
And christ, of course it's 60 dollars off the bat. It comes with a full campaign and multiplayer, which has a stuffload of content. There's 12 characters, new characters every season, an expanding multiplayer, entirely full rows of carvings, patterns, equipment, etc. It isn't overpriced in the slightest.

anyways, the campaign is awesome so far, just finished the knight chapter on hard. i'm really interested to see how it develops, and once i'm done i'll probably go through again on realistic for the collectibles and multiplayer gear

anyways, the campaign is awesome so far, just finished the knight chapter on hard. i'm really interested to see how it develops, and once i'm done i'll probably go through again on realistic for the collectibles and multiplayer gear

Honestly forget realistic, idk if you looked at it yet but not having any indicators telling you where attacks are coming from is literal hell, it's sooo loving hard to tell where the attack is coming from when certain heroes do some bs attacks.

Honestly forget realistic, idk if you looked at it yet but not having any indicators telling you where attacks are coming from is literal hell, it's sooo loving hard to tell where the attack is coming from when certain heroes do some bs attacks.
yeah, i've been practicing a bit on 1v1 bots with the ui off to prepare
i'll probably just do knight missions on realistic since i main knights

where is "pay to win" coming from lol

<p2w microtransaction BS
<peer-to-peer servers

the only thing you can really buy are cosmetics and since like lego said, the feats and gear stats are turned off for the more popular modes

you don't get any special moves for coughing up a bunch of money either

also the shugoki is amazing and his guard break > heavy attack super swing that sends the other guy flying is the best move in the game
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:42:50 AM by kongo »

also the shugoki is amazing and his guard break > heavy attack super swing that sends the other guy flying is the best move in the game
Speaking of which, I literally never get a chance to counter guard break in multiplayer.
How the forget am I supposed to not get kicked off ledges and thrown 100 feet.
On slow classes you see the red shield flash white then you can counter, but I never see that stuff for nobushi or peace keeper. No matter how much I spam counter nothing works. Im tired of hitting a squishy class with 6 combos in a duel without taking a scratch then dying instantly to an unblockable guard break that makes me stumble 40 feet into the vacuum that is any edge in this game.

Edges? Nah imma dEAD that item.

Anyone feel like parrying never loving works?  Press the heavy attack button right when their attack indicator flashes while red and it literally never works for me.  I don't understand how parrying is supposed to work.

Also the lawbringer is great, he has a counter shove for everything.  Just for blocking an attack you have an unblockable shove that is incredibly fast.

Also anyone else hate the Orochi? All they do is dodge to the side and gaurd break and for some reason their gaurd breaks are not counterable.  Press X right when they hit you and it works 1/100 of the times you try it.

<p2w microtransaction BS
<peer-to-peer servers

Not P2W at all, the forget are you talking about?  All the stats do is let you increase stats you prefer at the cost of another stat.  For example, you can have your sword have a lot of stamina cost reduction but the attack damage is decreased just as much as the stamina stat is increased.  Don't see how this is P2W?  You get gear after nearly every match and can scavenge gear after only a few matches.

60 dollars off the bat?  Wow!  Just like literally every other big game ever released!  The game has a lot of characters, a few campaigns, and the combat is incredibly in depth.  Stop devaluing video games.

P2P is garbage yeah, I hope they get rid of that stuff.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:55:19 AM by Mr. Bones »

haven't had much of much of a hard time with parrying. practiced it in the tutorial for a bit and it helped out a stuff ton when it comes to playing lawbringer

i have the problem of being able to parry 99% of the time but can never counter guard break cause i always do it as soon as they grab me, which isnt what you do

haven't had much of much of a hard time with parrying. practiced it in the tutorial for a bit and it helped out a stuff ton when it comes to playing lawbringer
Oh right, there's the advanced tutorial!  Holy stuff thanks for reminding me lmao, I need to go practice on that with the lawbringer.  I really like that class, the only thing is I really don't know how to parry with that class so I always just counter shove by blocking an attack then pressing X.  It's a pretty nifty move, but being able to parry then follow up with an unblockable overhead attack is a lot more efficient in most situations I'd think.

i have the problem of being able to parry 99% of the time but can never counter guard break cause i always do it as soon as they grab me, which isnt what you do
I do the same thing.  What exactly do you do to counter it?

I do the same thing.  What exactly do you do to counter it?
im p sure its slightly after they grab you, not as soon as
im just gonna go into a duel with a bot and practice it till i can get the timing down

i can say that parrying a guard break is much much easier when you're expecting it to happen

You have to time your counter guard breaks perfectly, you have a very small window to do it. The key is to not try to counter as soon as your guards broken, wait like a half second after. Button mashing doesn't work at all in the game.

Also I found out how blocking when you're not locked into someone works, and it makes getting ganked 10x easier