Poll

Update/Current Events Information

[In Use] Weather Summary in Title; NO Update or Current Events in Display
2 (40%)
Move Weather Summary to Supplemental OP; Update Prompts in Title
1 (20%)
Suggest in Discord channel.
1 (20%)
Voter is lame.  (Sorry, not sorry, Plethora)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: SURVIVE 4 — Land of Savages • [DAY 3 | Early Night | In the Squall]  (Read 29706 times)

Eetu closes the door behind Theric. Iada leads him, "I don't really tend to her, but I think you would know better." They go downstairs to a dining room on the first floor. The servant knocks on the door, "Adina, are you there?" A female voice, neither sharp nor soft answers, "Yes. What is it?" The servant opens the door, revealing Theric to the lady sitting at the table. She wears her tunic and also wears an outer coat.

Instantly, her face fills with rage, pressing her lips together as she walks briskly toward Theric. Though he has fought in many harsh battles across Yuropana, he still hasn't gotten used to the cold, hard slap to the face right on his cheek that a livid woman gives to him. He sits, stunned for a moment, the sudden noise of the slap blurring out the first sentence. As he focuses, he realizes though she is not crying, she is still shouting through tears, "You don't even know how [unknown] you did and I [unknown] can't believe you [unknown] and all without [unknown]..." This goes on for minutes, as her anger slowly fades into increasingly bitter cries, the already hardly intelligible phrases barely understandable through choking sobs. Eventually all that remains is her hardly standing there, leaning on him and crying into his chest, weakly banging her fist against his chest in a last futile protest.

The hunters around Väinö look at one another, asking questions to each other and returning responses. The conversation continues as they make gestures to him, pointing at him and gesturing in the direction behind the group. Some of them seem to get argumentative but are overwhelmed by whatever dominant opinion remains. Eventually, they seem to conclude, and one of the hunters with a torch steps forward and beckons that he follow them.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:36:50 AM by SWAT One »

Eetu closes the door behind Theric. Iada leads him, "I don't really tend to her, but I think you would know better." They go downstairs to a dining room on the first floor. The servant knocks on the door, "Adina, are you there?" A female voice, neither sharp nor soft answers, "Yes. What is it?" The servant opens the door, revealing Theric to the lady sitting at the table. She wears her tunic and also wears an outer coat.

Instantly, her face fills with rage, pressing her lips together as she walks briskly toward Theric. Though he has fought in many harsh battles across Yuropana, he still hasn't gotten used to the cold, hard slap to the face right on his cheek that a livid woman gives to him. He sits, stunned for a moment, the sudden noise of the slap blurring out the first sentence. As he focuses, he realizes though she is not crying, she is still shouting through tears, "You don't even know how [unknown] you did and I [unknown] can't believe you [unknown] and all without [unknown]..." This goes on for minutes, as her anger slowly fades into increasingly bitter cries, the already hardly intelligible phrases barely understandable through choking sobs. Eventually all that remains is her hardly standing there, leaning on him and crying into his chest, weakly banging her fist against his chest in a last futile protest.

"I mean no offense, but it seems no matter how many times I say it, you people here don't understand what I say when I mean I don't know." A crack in his attempt to not let his subtle seething is all that was needed for the passive aggressive comment to slip. But he simply grunts, and doesn't press.

When the door is opened and he sees Adina, he enters in with a bit of cold professionalism that certainly isn't going to lend him many points. That's especially as she comes towards him in a fury.

Theric's head turns with the smack, the sound of the woman's hand against his comparatively much rougher cheek clapping out and sending his brows rising. Maybe in other circumstances the feeling would be taken a lot worse, but considering all he's been through in the past month of travelling- and now finding himself on a strange land? It's a little nostalgic.

The foreign warrior grunts, turning his head back down as he stares at her with furrowed brows- more troubled than angry. He was never good with this sort of thing, but maybe he can use his time here to practice that a bit. Besides, it's not like he plans on staying for long. Theric waits for her to finish, the knocking of her balled up hand against his chest causing his gaze to look between the light hits and her crying face.

Setting his hand upon her head, he strokes and pets her a bit with a flat look. He looks over to Iada, and gives him a look that clearly implies he'd rather him leave if he's still there. "I'm sorry." he says to her, his words made simple. "I only learned far too late that I've done wrong. I was--" There's a pause, and he correpts himself, "Am ignorant... Of just about how everything works here. I caused you a lot of trouble, and when you were with me I wasn't entirely there."

Tilting his head to the side, Theric twists his lips a bit, "But I'm here now, to listen and try to do things proper if you'll let me."

Meanwhile, a much simpler thought runs through Theric's head. 'Someone loving kill me.'

Aif tries to look as non-threatening as possible and repeats his greeting, and again in his somewhat rusty proto-Germanic.

Adina sobs still while hearing Theric out.

In exchanging the glance with Iada, he shakes his head, mouth moving as he motions in the direction of Eetu's study, glancing in its general direction and pointing at his own chest with one finger, then the ground with two firm points. He then shakes his head again and folds his hands in front of him.

Finally, at the end, Adina responds, "I was hurt. You were so kind to me last night. I— I'm sorry that you didn't know–but... I *sniff* I heard from my friends and my father that you were asking about the cloak. I'm. . .  I'm sorry that I hit you. I had to get my anger out somehow... .  .   . " She seems to trail off in confusion of hat to say. In addition, it's getting late and she appears tired.

Yana looks at the man gazing back at her in confusion. Did he just speak in proto-Germanic? It sounded like he said hello. Her stance relaxing somewhat, she hesitantly calls out to Aif in response, "Hello?"

To Aif, the night's cold is creeping in, and he begins shivering.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:19:39 PM by SWAT One »

The villagers recognize Douzheng's gestures and bring him a bowl of water. It's not clear water but it's water.

Douzheng makes his sense of bemusement clear by way of mildly exaggerated facial expressions. How to ask them if it's been boiled... Douzheng kneels, rubs his hands together, and faces them forward, as if he were heating them with a bonfire. He then gestures towards the water bowl, pretends he's holding a copy of it, and he then places the imaginary bowl in the imaginary fire, before facing them once again with a visible sense of unsureness.

Douzheng's demonstration seems to make sense to them and they begin nodding.

Adina sobs still while hearing Theric out.

In exchanging the glance with Iada, he shakes his head, mouth moving as he motions in the direction of Eetu's study, glancing in its general direction and pointing at his own chest with one finger, then the ground with two firm points. He then shakes his head again and folds his hands in front of him.

Finally, at the end, Adina responds, "I was hurt. You were so kind to me last night. I— I'm sorry that you didn't know–but... I *sniff* I heard from my friends and my father that you were asking about the cloak. I'm. . .  I'm sorry that I hit you. I had to get my anger out somehow... .  .   . " She seems to trail off in confusion of hat to say. In addition, it's getting late and she appears tired.

"I don't blame you. I'd have done the same thing if I was in your boots, just..." Theric pauses, head tilting to one side as he admits, "A lot more violently." Looking back down to Adina, he ruffles her hair a bit. "You scared me with that cloak though. The entire time I thought I stole it. But, you'd be better giving this," Theric slips off the outer cloak he'd been wearing and folds it before holding it in his arms. "To someone who isn't from a far away land, and isn't too drunk." he finishes, offering it back out to her.

There's another disappointed glance at Iada, and he just gives the man a stare before he simply huffs at him and looks back to the woman. "You should get some rest, we can talk more when the sun rises again."

In slightly broken proto-Germanic, "I speak little of this tongue.  Share fire, I can share some food, and I know where more will be."

Douzheng's demonstration seems to make sense to them and they begin nodding.

He bows in appreciation and drinks from the bowl... and...

Well, now what?

After a moment, Douzheng simply shrugs at the guards, hoping that they have some sort of procedure for this situation.

Having sufficiently calmed down, Adina takes the cloak back from Theric. "I understand..." She pauses, thinking for a long while, "Right... In the morning..." She walks toward the door through which they entered and look back at him, "Good night, Theric." She then turns and begins walking down the hallway, her footsteps heard heading right and then turning left up the stairs. "Theric," Iada speaks, "I'll show you to your room. I understand that you will have an early morning so you will need your rest."

Yana looks to Aif, surprised that there's another one on this island who speaks a language that she can speak. "Who– who are you?" To Aif, the woman seems still on edge, despite seeming somewhat relaxed after he spoke for the second time. She seems to be holding something behind her back and still stands at a distance within the unfinished tent frame.

Douzheng drinks the water, and it tastes ever so slightly of minerals and a bit less of river sludge. The townspeople, appearing cautious, begin talking to one another in hushed tones. Their focus shifts to behind Douzheng and their murmur grows quiet. The voice of an older man calls out behind him in an unknown tongue. He turns to see a well-dressed man with white hair, doubled over with age and resting on a cane, standing ahead of the group of townsfolk that have now encircled Douzheng, flanked by two guards.

"Aif.  The storm cast me here.  And you?"

"I am Yana. I was shipwrecked likewise by a storm. How long ago?"

Douzheng turns to face the elder, and upon recognizing the man's authority, he bows with a simple demeanor. He makes no attempt to be the first speaker, for fear of violating any cultural tenets pertaining to talking with one's elders.

Väinö, hesitant but curious, decides to follow them, looking around where he is.

He suspects he might wanna satisfy his needs, before the inevitable happens.

Having sufficiently calmed down, Adina takes the cloak back from Theric. "I understand..." She pauses, thinking for a long while, "Right... In the morning..." She walks toward the door through which they entered and look back at him, "Good night, Theric." She then turns and begins walking down the hallway, her footsteps heard heading right and then turning left up the stairs. "Theric," Iada speaks, "I'll show you to your room. I understand that you will have an early morning so you will need your rest."

Theric watches her for a moment, before he gives her a nod and small grin. When she's gone, he looks back over to Iada. "Right. Though it was a bit annoying to have you hover over me like that." he admits to the man, following after him.