Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849985 times)

hosting a minecraft server

darker-light.mcph.co

what are you guys' favorite mods??

A mod that i always look for in modpacks is Tinkers Construct.
Not sure what it is, Thaumcraft (RIP) is very interesting and so is Ars Magica 2, but Tinkers Construct i just can't do without.
Hence i also follow mods that offer more compatibility with that and other mods (or just expand on it) like plustic or more recently (and still heavily under development) Tinkers Defense.
I am also looking into making my own expansion to Tinkers Construct (fantasy/magic themed).
There's just something with it that i find interesting.

A mod that i always look for in modpacks is Tinkers Construct.
Not sure what it is, Thaumcraft (RIP) is very interesting and so is Ars Magica 2, but Tinkers Construct i just can't do without.
Hence i also follow mods that offer more compatibility with that and other mods (or just expand on it) like plustic or more recently (and still heavily under development) Tinkers Defense.
I am also looking into making my own expansion to Tinkers Construct (fantasy/magic themed).
There's just something with it that i find interesting.
I am a big fan of Tinker's Construct too; nothing is more satisfying than watching metal pour into castings lol

my boy thermal expansion

I am a big fan of Tinker's Construct too; nothing is more satisfying than watching metal pour into castings lol
That is soomething but i think it is mostly about customizing your tool.
Even if i think i have the best combination, there is always some other combinations to try out.
my boy thermal expansion
I am more of a fantasy fan myself, so i personally do not like technical mods as much, but Thermal Expansion would be my favorite technical mod as well.

my favorite mod from the beginning was always Finite water, too bad it hasn't been updated at all to fit in with the current versions.

ARS magicka has always been one of my favorites, even though Ive never made it too far into it

As for technical, ReactorCraft & RotaryCraft. They seem to be the most interactive mods I've ever seen.
For magic Chromaticraft is my favorite, it's like Thaumcraft but much better.

Immersive Engineering

I am foaming at the mouth trying to fix a odd issue with a reproducibility of 0.00001 per capita. The issue is that apparently any lists in Minecraft 1.7.10 Forge are simply not working; that is, world list, language list, shader list - none of them work, it's impossible to click / select in them. The only fix I can try is installing a older JRE than 8, but Oracle decided to forget all other JREs from their official download page, so you can only get JRE 8, loving with anyone that needs them for legacy reasons, and it's a ton more risky to download JRE 7 from a shady file sharing website as well, so here I am stuck without 1.7.10 Forge because everything is unplayable.

Does anyone else have any other ideas though? Also it works for the latest vanilla Minecraft version.

Replugging my mouse in the exact same port worked what the forget.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:59:13 PM by LeetZero »

Oracle decided to forget all other JREs from their official download page
they should still be downloadable in their archives

Replugging my mouse in the exact same port worked what the forget.
that's bizarre

I like Immersive Engineering, Big Reactors, and Thermal Expansion a lot.

I like Immersive Engineering, Big Reactors, and Thermal Expansion a lot.
Do you plan to host a minecraft server or something with all the mods people like?

Do you plan to host a minecraft server or something with all the mods people like?
Unfortunately, I can't. My computer (and internet) would be unable to handle it.