Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5716257 times)

Prettied things up a bit

it gets much better within tc4 :)

I can't possibly see how it could get any better than that magical laser light show I experienced unless there's another hidden research path and I just have to wait for a Primal Charm to whisper more sweet nothings into my ear while I'm working

what is this mod called??

Thaumcraft v4

The decorative blocks are a combination of ExtraUtilities and Tinker's Construct though
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:11:39 AM by Regulith »

Is there any way to prevent blocks from not casting shadows out of your view with shaders?
I always end up in a cave with random sunlight everywhere, it's bloody irritating.

Also,

I'll probably add a tail or something once the new skin thing comes
I think I remember an option called "Shadow Frustum" which fixed this.

all your skins suck pitch black skin is the best skin
for MAXIMUM CAMOUFLAGE FACTOR

does anyone know any small and relatively simple n fun servers because i am a huge vanillacigarette and i hate all the pvp faction war stuff

guys we should start up terrafirmacraft again

Why are there no mods for 1.7.9?

I tried to make a gif of the infusion process but there was a little instability issue (both with my computer and with the infusion, one of my items fell off the pedestal halfway through and I had to scramble to put it back on)

I guess I need more candles and skulls

Why are there no mods for 1.7.9?

I'm sure every mod maker has their own reason but I imagine it's because they don't want to have to update things every time Mojang adds a new flower

You can probably expect a lot of mods to update to 1.7.9 once 1.8.1 is released

if this thaumium wand cap infusion fails one more time I swear to god
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:17:34 PM by Regulith »

IIRC, it's because they changed the architecture of the game, to the point where porting a mod is almost recoding the entire thing from the ground-up. At this point, they'd be better off skipping 1.7.9 and going directly to 1.8.1.

it's so pretty :)

I'd be all up in Thaumcraft if it was simpler. Like an earth, wind, fire, water sort of basic system with more complex elements made through tinkering with those four.

I'd be all up in Thaumcraft if it was simpler. Like an earth, wind, fire, water sort of basic system with more complex elements made through tinkering with those four.
You literally JUST described Thaumcraft. All elements are made of the same basic six: Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Order, and Entropy.

You literally JUST described Thaumcraft. All elements are made of the same basic six: Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Order, and Entropy.
Oh...

Well, that's interesting.

Oh...

Well, that's interesting.

Its like that Element game where you drag and drop the 4 elements together to make new ones, and then use the new ones to make newer ones.